Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > V600 w/ BlueTooth

V600 w/ BlueTooth
V12
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 31, 2004, 06:46 PM

is there anyway i can sync or share files with my v600 via bluetooth on my powerbook, i have bluetooth on my pc and its fine however the internal BT in the mac isnt set up for moto phones aparently is ther any software out there for me or...

any elp would be appriciated

THANKS !

zachs
Mac Elite
Oct 31, 2004, 06:50 PM

Originally posted by V12:
is there anyway i can sync or share files with my v600 via bluetooth on my powerbook, i have bluetooth on my pc and its fine however the internal BT in the mac isnt set up for moto phones aparently is ther any software out there for me or...

any elp would be appriciated

THANKS !
Use the BlueTooth Setup Utility in /Applications/Utilities. The V600 is supported, I'm pretty sure.

itai195
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 1, 2004, 12:59 AM

If you use the Bluetooth Setup Utility you should get it working. You can't use iSync with the V600. However, I've been able to send/receive files pretty well with it.

V12  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 1, 2004, 01:01 AM

thanks, i didn't know that the v600 was finally supported to use with my macs BT. When i purchased my pb (about 6 weeks ago) the only way to connect was via a usb cable, only sony ericcson was supported at the time.

the only thing is that i can only use my phone to conencte to the internet, is there any software updates or sometihng like that where i can get my phone book in my macs address book or sync it?

also how can i upload pics from my phone with my mac (i know how to do it with my pc just not sure how with the mac

thanks again

Gee4orce
Professional Poster
Nov 1, 2004, 05:16 AM

iSync is the software you need - and that's already on your Mac. But for Motorolla phones for some reason you have to use a USB cable to do the synching.

V12  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 1, 2004, 12:13 PM

ok, i havce no problem with that as i will need the usb cable to flash my phone anyway.

what about for sending/recieving files, how do i go about this ?

examale: i want to get some pics off my phone and put them in iPhoto
example: i want to get a mp3 on my v600 from iTunes

-Q-
Nov 1, 2004, 05:38 PM

If you can connect to the phone via Bluetooth, you should be able to use the Bluetooth File Exchange application found in your utilities folder to send the pictures and MP3 files to your phone.

On my Sony Ericsson phone, the phone automatically places the files in the correct location. Your moto will probably do the same.

V12  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 2, 2004, 12:27 AM

ok thanks that helped

as for connection how can i use my v600 to connect ot the internet when on the road?

i cant find that feature now....

-Q-
Nov 2, 2004, 06:06 PM

Originally posted by V12:
as for connection how can i use my v600 to connect ot the internet when on the road?

I'm assuming you mean to use your phone as the connection point for your computer. If so, this hint should help.

V12  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 2, 2004, 08:06 PM

ahh so i have to pay, i can just use it as a dial up and use my cell minutes

oh well i gave it a shot ill just use it in startbucks hotspots

Forum Links
Forum Rules