Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Cron question ...

Cron question ...
Gordon Werner
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 2, 2004, 02:43 AM

Hi there ...

I have a bunch of cronjobs that seem to be emitting email with the result of the script's actions on two of my machines

(the email can be accessed by typing mail in terminal.app)

so, my question is how can I access this email using mail.app ... it seems to be addressed to user @ smoke.local and user @ mirrors.local

Anyone able to offer any assistance?

thanks

Gordon

Rainy Day
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 10, 2004, 01:46 AM

Mail.app as of Jaguar can no longer "read" UNIX mboxes (well, that's what they want you to believe anyhow). Your options are:[list=a][*]Set up a POP server so Mail.app can read your target mbox (probably more work that it's worth),[*]Redirect the eMail to a different eMail address (or supress it if you're not interested in the output),[*]Mail.app uses mboxes for it's internal storage, so you could create a mailbox in Mail.app, and replace it with hard link to your other mbox (although this will take some fiddling to get it to work properly).[/list=a]
Personally, i think B is your best bet.

Forum Links
Forum Rules