Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > 27' iMac switch from 2 screens to 1

27' iMac switch from 2 screens to 1
ivan308
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 16, 2010, 07:12 AM

I just placed my order for a 27' iMac. I am currently using a 15' MacBook Pro with a 24' display. I am thinking that having a 27 and a 24 might just be too much. I have been using dual screens for the last 10 years.

Anyone else switched from dual screens to one when you got the 27' iMac. Thoughts and experiences ?

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Feb 17, 2010, 01:00 PM

I have dual screens as well with my MacBook Pro, but I find that I'm fine with the 27" iMac, at least at the desk. There is plenty of real estate to have two Pages documents side by side. But it's really down to personal preference and how far away you sit from the computer. On the smallish desk that I have here, the iMac feels really big... but when you're at the Apple Store or you have more than a couple feet between you and the display, it doesn't seem quite so large.

reader50
Administrator
Feb 17, 2010, 03:09 PM

Why not attach the 24" to the new iMac and continue using both? It's difficult to have too much monitor space.

fazulzip
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 10, 2010, 02:25 PM

I just added a 22 to go with my 27 iMac and I almost have enough space haha....you'll enjoy having both on there, especially with any Photoshop, Final Cut, etc....

Forum Links
Forum Rules