Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Get Ready For winter

Get Ready For winter (Page 2)
bad_quote
Baninated
Nov 5, 2005, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Mastrap
INT SALOON, NIGHT. THE ROOM IS CROWDED WITH ROWDY COWHANDS ON A SATURDAY NIGHT OUT. IN THE CORNER IS A TABLE OCCUPIED BY A GROUP OF RAILROAD WORKERS.

The swing doors open and Ca$h walks into the room. Ca$h is a young cowhand with a glint in his eyes. Ca$h walks up to the bar, where he seems to be well known.

Bartender: Hey Ca$h, I thought you were barred from this joint.

Cash (laughs): Nobody bars Ca$h, the kid. A whiskey, double. And none of that stuff you sell to the railroad monkeys.

One of the railroad workers, Kilbey, recognizes the much hated voice, although he sits with his back to the bar. His eyes narrow. His breathing slows.

Kilbey (under his breath): After so many years? Can it be?

Ca$h stands by the bar, whiskey in hand. Kilbey pushes back his chair, gets up and slowly, carefully walks towards Ca$h, the kid. He carefully studies his face, getting more sure with every step. He is finally meeting his foe.

Kilbey: Hey, cowpoke.

Ca$h (to the bartender): And then he had this gelding which he wanted to tie up at my post and I said to him, hey use your freaking spores, and he was like what do you want to use a gelding for when you go after mountain lions you want a mule only mules don't like lions like everybody knows that what a freaking idiot and I was...

Kilbey (louder, with menace): Hey, cowpoke

Ca$h looks over his shoulder at Kilbey. He doesn't recognize him.

Ca$h: What?

Kilbey: Yes, it's you I am talking to.

Kilbey spits.

Kilbey: It sure smells of cowshit in here. And it's coming from this direction.

Kilbey nods towards Ca$h. The room gets quiet. There is a nervous laugh from the table of the railroad workers, but that's stifled immediately.

Ca$h: Say that again, factory goon.

Kilbey: It smells of cowshit in here. I remember that smell. I've been following it for many years now. Planning, searching, searching planning. I even signed up to other forums so I would not lose the scent. And now you're mine. You can't run, nowhere to hide.

The barman removes the mirror from behind the bar and begins packing the more expensive whiskeys away.

Ca$h (to the room): Don't mind Kilbey. He attacks anybody he can to feel better about his factory job and pathetic life and ugly ****ing demon children.

Kilbey: You're crossing a line, boy.

Two shots. Kilbey and Ca$h fall to the floor. In through the doors walks Sheriff Demonhood. Outside we see his trusty stead Trogdor burninating Ca$h's horse.

Demonhood shakes his head.

Demonhood: What a waste.

Demonhood walks up to Kilbey, uses his boot to turn him around. Kilbey wears half a Chinese coin on silver chain around his neck.

He walks over to Ca$h and pulls up his shirt. A thin trickle of blood forms from Ca$h's mouth, but he isn't dead. He stares at Kilbey's coin.

Cash (tries to talk): Da....d?

Demonhood: Yes.

The camera pans down Ca$h and we see the second half of the Chinese coin on his chest. Ca$h stops breathing.

FADE TO BLACK.
I nominate Mastrap for TI's position. This would have been the best thread lockination ever.

Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 5, 2005, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by bad_quote
Whatever. I'm sick of him. He always ****ing picks anything I post apart even when he doesn't have any merit. He just does this to .... enjoy himself? I don't know. But **** him.
He does the same thing to me and you know what, no matter how Pissed I get, I dont go attacking his family friends and kids. That makes you real low
Blandine Bureau 1940 - 2011
Missed 2012 by 3 days, RIP Grandma :-(

bad_quote
Baninated
Nov 5, 2005, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Athens
He does the same thing to me and you know what, no matter how Pissed I get, I dont go attacking his family friends and kids. That makes you real low
Whatever. I have no respect for somebody who attacks the ****ing metal of a ratchet extension pipe I'm using purely because it's me. It's the same **** again and again and again and again. He's being a dick purely for being a dick.

Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 5, 2005, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by bad_quote
Whatever. I have no respect for somebody who attacks the ****ing metal of a ratchet extension pipe I'm using purely because it's me. It's the same **** again and again and again and again. He's being a dick purely for being a dick.
Then call him a dick, leave his family and kids out of it, for the love of chocolate, yes chocolate I would have banned u for good for that comment. I dont like the guy much, you see he does the same thing to me yet what you said was totally wrong. You do owe him a sorry plan and simple and I wont repsect you at all until you give him one. And I know u dont care if I respect you.
Blandine Bureau 1940 - 2011
Missed 2012 by 3 days, RIP Grandma :-(

bad_quote
Baninated
Nov 5, 2005, 01:49 PM

Whatever. He's a dick 24-7 to me. I think he can handle it. He deserves a little **** for stomping on my sack everyday.

wdlove
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 5, 2005, 01:52 PM

An interesting conversation.

"Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense." Winston Churchill

Railroader
Banned
Nov 5, 2005, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by Mastrap
INT SALOON, NIGHT. THE ROOM IS CROWDED WITH ROWDY COWHANDS ON A SATURDAY NIGHT OUT. IN THE CORNER IS A TABLE OCCUPIED BY A GROUP OF RAILROAD WORKERS.

The swing doors open and Ca$h walks into the room. Ca$h is a young cowhand with a glint in his eyes. Ca$h walks up to the bar, where he seems to be well known.

Bartender: Hey Ca$h, I thought you were barred from this joint.

Cash (laughs): Nobody bars Ca$h, the kid. A whiskey, double. And none of that stuff you sell to the railroad monkeys.

One of the railroad workers, Kilbey, recognizes the much hated voice, although he sits with his back to the bar. His eyes narrow. His breathing slows.

Kilbey (under his breath): After so many years? Can it be?

Ca$h stands by the bar, whiskey in hand. Kilbey pushes back his chair, gets up and slowly, carefully walks towards Ca$h, the kid. He carefully studies his face, getting more sure with every step. He is finally meeting his foe.

Kilbey: Hey, cowpoke.

Ca$h (to the bartender): And then he had this gelding which he wanted to tie up at my post and I said to him, hey use your freaking spores, and he was like what do you want to use a gelding for when you go after mountain lions you want a mule only mules don't like lions like everybody knows that what a freaking idiot and I was...

Kilbey (louder, with menace): Hey, cowpoke

Ca$h looks over his shoulder at Kilbey. He doesn't recognize him.

Ca$h: What?

Kilbey: Yes, it's you I am talking to.

Kilbey spits.

Kilbey: It sure smells of cowshit in here. And it's coming from this direction.

Kilbey nods towards Ca$h. The room gets quiet. There is a nervous laugh from the table of the railroad workers, but that's stifled immediately.

Ca$h: Say that again, factory goon.

Kilbey: It smells of cowshit in here. I remember that smell. I've been following it for many years now. Planning, searching, searching planning. I even signed up to other forums so I would not lose the scent. And now you're mine. You can't run, nowhere to hide.

The barman removes the mirror from behind the bar and begins packing the more expensive whiskeys away.

Ca$h (to the room): Don't mind Kilbey. He attacks anybody he can to feel better about his factory job and pathetic life and ugly ****ing demon children.

Kilbey: You're crossing a line, boy.

Two shots. Kilbey and Ca$h fall to the floor. In through the doors walks Sheriff Demonhood. Outside we see his trusty stead Trogdor burninating Ca$h's horse.

Demonhood shakes his head.

Demonhood: What a waste.

Demonhood walks up to Kilbey, uses his boot to turn him around. Kilbey wears half a Chinese coin on silver chain around his neck.

He walks over to Ca$h and pulls up his shirt. A thin trickle of blood forms from Ca$h's mouth, but he isn't dead. He stares at Kilbey's coin.

Cash (tries to talk): Da....d?

Demonhood: Yes.

The camera pans down Ca$h and we see the second half of the Chinese coin on his chest. Ca$h stops breathing.

FADE TO BLACK.
Uhhh... BEST POST EVER!!! At least on da 'NN.

But really the story mirrors Johnny Cash's "Don't take your guns to town" -Recorded 8/13/58.

Originally Posted by Johnny Cash-Don't take your guns to town
A young cowboy named Billy Joe
Grew restless on the farm
A boy filled with wanderlust
Who really meant no harm
He changed his clothes and shined his boots
And combed his dark hair down
And his mother cried as he walked out;

Refrain:
"Don't take your guns to town, son
Leave your guns at home, Bill
Don't take your guns to town."

He sang a song as on he rode,
His guns hung at his hips
He rode into a cattle town,
A smile upon his lips
He stopped and walked into a bar and laid his money down
But his mother's words echoed again;

Refrain:

He drank his first strong liquor then to calm his shaking hand
And tried to tell himself at last he had become a man
A dusty cowpoke at his side began to laugh him down
And he heard again his mother's words;

Refrain:

Bill was raged and Billy Joe reached for his gun to draw
But the stranger drew his gun and fired before he even saw
As Billy Joe fell to the floor the crowd all gathered 'round
And wondered at his final words;

Refrain:
I'll leave it up to you to sort out the characters.

Mastrap
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 6, 2005, 01:36 AM

Fine song, that.

Mastrap
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 6, 2005, 01:39 AM

Dp, sorry.

Chips G
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 6, 2005, 02:35 AM

With the increase in gas prices, and just to be environmentally friendly, I would recommend using a traditional shovel to remove snow. However, be smart when doing so. Many heartattacks occur from snow shovelling, so take it slow if you are out of shape, don't push yourself too hard.

Plus, by manually removing the snow you are saving money and getting exercise.
This signature is obsolete.

bradoesch
Professional Poster
Nov 6, 2005, 10:33 AM

Where I live it's more like
plus

- - e r i k - -
Posting Junkie
Nov 6, 2005, 11:00 AM

Hahahaha! Winter! *snort*

[ fb ] [ flickr ] [] [scl] [ last ] [ plaxo ]

AKcrab