Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Unable to chose photo to my screen saver

Unable to chose photo to my screen saver
raygol
Forum Regular
Aug 8, 2018, 12:08 PM

Hello,

I have two iMacs. Both running latest version High Sierra.
In one of them I have the possibility to choose pictures from the Pictures folder in the Desktop control panels as seen here:

In the second iMac I don't have this possibility and look at this link

And the next screen picture show what is presented If I click on the button in this above picture

I am looking for ward for assistance as to how I would configure the second iMac as is the first iMac

Thanks and regards
( Last edited by andi*pandi; Aug 10, 2018 at 01:31 PM. )

reader50
Administrator
Aug 8, 2018, 12:23 PM

Your pics are not showing. Dropbox must have instructions on how to post pics to forums.

I quoted your post to see the link code, and pasted each pic link into a separate window. That's more work than most people will do. You made it hard to help you.

You cut off the left side of the Savers window, so we can't see which saver you have selected. This makes it harder to help you too - please show the rest of the dialog next time. So we can see possibly-relevant info.

It appears you have Flurry selected on the uncooperative Mac. If you want to display pictures, you have to select one of the picture-viewing Savers on the left side. Any of the upper-12 savers can do picture folders.

raygol  (op)
Forum Regular
Aug 8, 2018, 02:06 PM

Hello Administrator.
I would like to thank for your instructions. The other iMac does the same with the screen saver as you have guided me. Once again, thanks.
The issue of the links from dropbox is unknown to me, since I used to share links of movies or big chunk of text via dropbox and it worked for me very well. I really do not understand what happened this time, but I appreciate very much your help, assistance and willing to help.
So, sorry for the inconvenience and once again thanks.

andi*pandi
Aug 10, 2018, 01:32 PM

dropbox changed their public viewing awhile ago. instead of dl=0 end links with raw=1 so they appear.

Forum Links
Forum Rules