Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Internal Bluetooth Module & Antenna

Internal Bluetooth Module & Antenna
Lucky8
Forum Regular
Aug 1, 2005, 09:07 PM

Apple retail stores got brand new PM G5 internal bluetooth module kits with 2 screws and antenna part # M9984G/A for $49 installed.
But they wouldn't sell them to me outright. They told me they have to be installed by them as they are not user installable parts.
I just can't let those young kids at Apple store playing with the innards of my PM G5. I rather do it myself as I know what I am doing.
Anyway, where can I get one of these kits?
I'm willing to pay $60 maybe even $70 as long as those kids are not the ones installing it.
Thanks in advance.

Maflynn
Professional Poster
Aug 1, 2005, 09:16 PM

Did you check eBay?

Typically these parts are only sold by apple but you might find it out on eBay.

Mike

Lucky8  (op)
Forum Regular
Aug 1, 2005, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by Maflynn
Did you check eBay?

Typically these parts are only sold by apple but you might find it out on eBay.

Mike
There is one on Ebay but they want like $77 just for the card alone and $20 more for the antenna. That's crazy compare to $49 installed at Apple store.
I'm willing to pay $20- $25 more than what Apple charges just because I don't trust those young unexperienced technicians. My computer will never be the same again if they touch it.
Anywhere else you know where they might sell these kits?

tooki
Admin Emeritus
Aug 1, 2005, 09:47 PM

Why this horrible distrust of the tech guys? And why not just go elsewhere if you don't trust that shop?

tooki

t500
Forum Regular
Aug 1, 2005, 10:55 PM

I installed one in my G5 and it was not that hard. Its just a couple little Pins. Everything lines up with the screw holes, quick and easy... I think if you look in the mods forum you shold be able to find the links and info...

Good luck. I love my BT....

southtdi
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 2, 2005, 09:55 AM

Is your powermac in or out of warranty? Either way I would ask to talk to the store manager. Those kits can be sold without requiring install by the in-store techs. Typically they can void your warranty if they want to but since it is now a kit you should be able to purchase it if you want to.
- TiBook 867mhz
- Rev. A Dual 2.0ghz PowerMac G5, 3 Gigs Ram, Dual Dell 24" displays.
- Imac G4 20" with 1 Gig of ram

Forum Links
Forum Rules