Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > 4G IPOD: Battery Question

4G IPOD: Battery Question
ThaShef
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 24, 2004, 10:13 PM

Hey Guys,

I have a quick question, is it good to always have your ipod charging, even when I am listening to music. I mainly got it for work and considering the power outlet is right next to me, I was thinking about always having it plugged in, even while listening..

Thanks

subego
Clinically Insane
Aug 24, 2004, 11:15 PM

Originally posted by ThaShef:
Hey Guys,

I have a quick question, is it good to always have your ipod charging, even when I am listening to music. I mainly got it for work and considering the power outlet is right next to me, I was thinking about always having it plugged in, even while listening..

Thanks
iPod battery FAQ has lots-o-info, though I don't think it has any specific 4G info.

Here is the part labeled "What is the best way to handle charging/discharging/storage of lithium ion batteries?"

ThaShef  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 25, 2004, 09:18 AM

Originally posted by subego:
iPod battery FAQ has lots-o-info, though I don't think it has any specific 4G info.

Here is the part labeled "What is the best way to handle charging/discharging/storage of lithium ion batteries?"

I read that before, but it doesn't say anything about listening to music all the time, while its charging. So I am still confused, should I leave it plugged in or should I unplug it.

I also have a PowerBook, and its always plugged, hardly ever run it on battery, so I was thinking of using the same principle for the iPod.

Thanks

subego
Clinically Insane
Aug 25, 2004, 05:28 PM

Originally posted by ThaShef:
I read that before, but it doesn't say anything about listening to music all the time, while its charging.
Ya gonna make me do all the work?

Here is the part labled "Is it okay to leave the iPod in the dock, or otherwise attached to external power, for extended periods of time?"

CaptianScooby
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 25, 2004, 09:47 PM

my battery seems to last for a very short time. does anyone else have this problem? its a 4th gen. I think i am going to try the battery test from Apple. I'll tell ya how it goes

ThaShef  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 26, 2004, 12:44 AM

Originally posted by subego:
Ya gonna make me do all the work?

Here is the part labled "Is it okay to leave the iPod in the dock, or otherwise attached to external power, for extended periods of time?"
haha....Thanks subego

So I guess its ok to have the iPod plugged in while I am listening....

Forum Links
Forum Rules