Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > mx1000 and WoW?

mx1000 and WoW?
MrBS
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 7, 2004, 01:09 PM

Could someone who uses a Logitech mx1000 mouse to play World of Warcraft tell me which buttons are assignable? I was using an mx500 briefly and a few of the buttons weren't assignable in game (no special drivers installed) as they can't bind a button that 'has an up/down state'. Any insight before I drop money on the friggin' laser?

~BS

Turnpike
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 8, 2004, 02:08 AM

I can't speak for the MX1000, but I have the MX700. During the beta, I was able to assign all of the buttons. However, I had all buttons set for keystrokes or mouse buttons via the logitech control pane. If you have them set to something else, I don't know what will happen.

Example: my back arrow button is assigned command-[, which is back in Safari, switch tab in Adium, et cetera. I assigned auto run to [, so that mouse button would cause my character to autorun.

videian28
Mac Elite
Dec 8, 2004, 10:54 AM

all the buttons on my intellimouse are assignable

kinda handy

Turias
Mac Elite
Dec 8, 2004, 11:03 AM

Why not just use USB Overdrive? That's what I use for my MX510.

MrBS  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 8, 2004, 05:21 PM

I'm just wondering how many of the mouse buttons/toggles you can assign in game. I may assign the buttons to different keys or combos, but I'd like just to keep it in game with the secondary assigns so it's simple, straight-forward, modifiable while playing and obvious what the buttons do.

Thanks,
~BS

Turnpike
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 9, 2004, 02:32 AM

It is going to depend on how you have your mouse configured. If they are set to just do mouse click actions, then all of them will be assignable. If you have them set to do keystrokes, they will perform that keystroke, and thus be the same as that key (minus the modifier). If they are set to do other things (launch apps, eject, et cetera) you probably will not be able to get it to do anything worthwhile.

So yes... aside from the horizontal scroll, with which I have no experience, all of them are assignable in-game. Whether they lend themselves well to this or not depends on your configuration of the mouse.

Forum Links
Forum Rules