Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > When will the new Macbooks be out?

When will the new Macbooks be out?
kingskel
Forum Regular
Apr 3, 2006, 12:48 AM

Hey y'all!

I'm moving (to Japan!), and will sell my imac and ibook. As I'll be traveling and teaching (natch), I'm thinking of getting something portable to replace these. Intel/Mac is the future, so the MBP seems a natural choice. As it's (relatively) expensive, I'm a bit concerned about all the issues (noise, heat, etc.) I've been reading about. I was burned on the ibook as it was part of a bad batch of motherboards (and the replacement needed to be replaced!), so I'm especially leery of buying a 1.0 version of hardware. When will the next ver. of MBP come out? I'm leaving for Japan in August...

Any help/suggestions appreciated!

kingskel

Mr. Blur
Professional Poster
Apr 3, 2006, 01:10 AM

Another one.

the MacBook Pro's are just now starting to ship in quantity and and here we have *yet another* thread asking about the *next* version....c'mon...either search or use some common sense. Has Apple *ever* announced 6 months in advance when the next revision is going to come? Anythging that anythone says here is just an uneducated guess.

And another thing - read the other threads - I and many others have MacBook Pro's with no problems at all..I have bought *several* first versions of Apple hardware and NEVER had a problem with a single one. Remember - the people that post here are usually just the few that *DO* have problems and are not always representative of what problems any computer is like to have or not have. Just because a few do does not mean they ALL do. How many times does it have to be said???
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity...

MacBookProJoE
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 3, 2006, 02:02 AM

i don't really got any problems with my stock 1.83 macbook pro. I hope they don't come out with one anytime soon since I had just recieved mine only a couple weeks ago. Most laptops will inevitably have problems anyways. According to apple's "cycle of updating", you should prolly expect something next year since there are other products in the apple line still in need to transition to intel.

-JoE

kingskel  (op)
Forum Regular
Apr 3, 2006, 02:30 AM

Hi Mr. Blur:

Please read my post. My ibook had to be repaired _twice_ for a bad motherboard. As I am a student this was a great inconvenience to me. Apple apologetics are the worst - it's ok to hate Nike and Starbuck and the Gap, but Apple is sacrosanct...dude, it's just another big company that wants your money. Sorry. Thanks for your fact-less post. Please insert your *sigh* statements and eye-rolling icons at will.

MPJ: thanks for your reply.

mduell
Posting Junkie
Apr 3, 2006, 02:46 AM

September or October... possibly July or August if Merom launches in July or August.

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 3, 2006, 04:32 AM

I say in 4 months, around end of August or beginning of Sept.
Bush Tax Cuts == Job Killer
June 2001: 132,047,000 employed
June 2003: 129,839,000 employed
2.21 million jobs were LOST after 2 years of Bush Tax Cuts.

Forum Links
Forum Rules