Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Logitech G7 mouse - Anyone have this working with their Mac?

Logitech G7 mouse - Anyone have this working with their Mac?
exsilio
May 31, 2006, 12:45 AM

Hey guys,

I got a new G7 mouse that rocks with my PC. The trouble is, I want to use it with my Mac and it won't work. I can move the pointer around, but I can't click...any thoughts?

I have a G5 PowerMac using the latest OS.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

jdiddy
Forum Regular
May 31, 2006, 06:48 PM

I have the G7 mouse and it works fine. I've used it on my old Powerbook and my new MacBook. I downloaded USB Overdrive to assign the function buttons but left and right click worked immediately.

exsilio  (op)
May 31, 2006, 07:23 PM

Thanks for the reply jdiddy.

I don't see what I am doing wrong than. I have never had an issue with any peripheral on my Mac. I know the mouse works because I use it all the time on my PC. I even download USB Overdrive and it does nothing for me..I can move the cursor, but I cannot click on anything...argh!!!

Any other ideas?

jdiddy
Forum Regular
May 31, 2006, 07:35 PM

Are you using the dongle or the base unit to connect? Maybe you could try switching between the 2.

exsilio  (op)
May 31, 2006, 08:12 PM

Okay,

So here is the interesting thing. I can plug the dongle into my MBP, and the mouse works as normal, albeit, slowly; USB Overdrive would remedy that I'm sure.

But, no matter what I do with my PowerMac, it just refuses to click. I am wondering if there is some kind of interference that affects my PM, but not my MBP.

And I have plugged the dongle into my PM's keyboard and then directly into the computer...nothing. Really weird. I even went so far as to remove the Logitech drive for my MX1000, which is what I am using currently.

exsilio  (op)
May 31, 2006, 08:17 PM

Funny thing is, I just had a very rare crash on my Mac...you know the one, where the screen goes dim and it tells you how to restart the mac in several languages. Anyways, can i take that to mean there is some kind of USB conflict going on? Perhaps my scanner or printer.

jdiddy
Forum Regular
May 31, 2006, 08:20 PM

Well with the MBP you can just change the settings on the mouse itself. I find using the fastest setting, the one at the top is best within OSX. Have you tried messing with the Mouse settings in System Preferences? Maybe theres something there.

exsilio  (op)
Jun 1, 2006, 05:55 PM

Yeah I looked there ... nada. What I need to do is spend some time looking for conflicts with other devices...I don't see that too often, but it is possible. Thanks again for the suggestions.

tillin
Jun 1, 2006, 07:11 PM

I dont have the G7, but i do have the mx518 ( another non-mac gaming mouse )

and it works wonderfully when mapped with USB overdrive.

i was going to get the g5, but it's missing a button! lol, and it happened to be a button i use a lot.

Forum Links
Forum Rules