Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Power cord LED not lighting up

Power cord LED not lighting up
swac
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 11, 2007, 08:34 PM

Hi everybody.

I'm on a Santa Rosa MBP that I got in June and have been noticing over the past few days that my power cord's LED is no longer lighting up when the battery is at 100%. Is there something wrong with my power cord and/or my MBP? Here are some pics of the power cord when plugged in.

Edit: Upon closer inspection, the LED is on, but really, really dim.
( Last edited by swac; Oct 11, 2007 at 08:43 PM. )

Dawgs2010
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 12, 2007, 08:54 PM

Mine does the same thing, it does this on my MacBook and MacBook Pro. I thought something was wrong with my MagSafe so I used another and the same thing.

Cadaver
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 12, 2007, 11:46 PM

FYI, the MacBook Pro 85W MagSafe power adapters have been taken out of the Apple stores and off the apple.com store. AppleInsider is reporting that the adapters are being redesigned due to several issues, one of which is trouble with the LED (and others include melting cords). The Apple online store is reporting 1-2 week shipping delay. The 60W version for the MacBook is still showing 24 hr shipping.

abeato6
Forum Regular
Oct 13, 2007, 04:52 PM

mine does the same thing... i just have to unplug it and plug it back again
MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo - 2GB RAM - 120GB HDD - Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT 128MB
WD My Book Premium Edition 500GB
iPod 5G 30GB
80GB PS3

scaredpoet
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 13, 2007, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Cadaver View Post
FYI, the MacBook Pro 85W MagSafe power adapters have been taken out of the Apple stores and off the apple.com store. AppleInsider is reporting that the adapters are being redesigned due to several issues, one of which is trouble with the LED (and others include melting cords). The Apple online store is reporting 1-2 week shipping delay. The 60W version for the MacBook is still showing 24 hr shipping.
This explains an experience I had at an Apple Store recently.

I wanted to get a spare 85W magsafe adapater, so taht I could have one at my desk and one my my carrying case (and also, to have a spare just in case something happened). But there were none on the shelf.

I discovered after asking around that the Apple Store DId have them, only they're in the back and are "in short supply."

Forum Links
Forum Rules