Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Files missing on Linkstation using AFP

Files missing on Linkstation using AFP
peterthorn
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 25, 2008, 06:47 PM

I have a Linkstation Pro which has been working fine for about two years.
Now some problems have arised in a few folders - files are missing. I connect to it using AFP, and if I connect using SMB I can see that the files are still there. I have connected on three macs, both 10.4.11 and 10.5.2 and it is the same.
I know that I can just start connecting using SMB, but I would like it to work on AFP.
The web interface has the menu point Disk Management -> Disk check and there is a checkbox with the possibility to "Delete MacOS dedicated information". I suspect that this might solve the problem, but before I try it, I would like to be certain that it doesn't destroy vital information (and I can't find it in the manual). Has anyone tried to do this disk check, or know if there is another way to fix it?

TIA,
Peter

peterthorn  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 30, 2008, 03:56 PM

Has no one tried it?

(hopefully) Peter

gsibley
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 15, 2008, 07:48 PM

Yeah, I have the same problem. Any idea what's going on?

G

Forum Links
Forum Rules