Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Sharron Angle thinks everyone looks Asian including Hispanics and herself.

Sharron Angle thinks everyone looks Asian including Hispanics and herself.
hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 19, 2010, 01:36 AM

While talking to a group of Hispanic student union about her illegal immigration ad with imagery of scary looking Hispanic people, she tries dig herself out of a by saying she isn't even sure those were Latinos in the ad.

She then says some of the Latino students there look a little more Asian and she has been called the first Asian legislator.

Haha.. what?

So what does an illegal immigrant look like?

I guess they look Hispanic who looks a little Asian, but also look a little White.

Sharron Angle looks like a illegal immigrant, because she looks Asian who happens to be mistaken for Hispanic?

Sharron Angle says Hispanic students look 'Asian' - Andy Barr - POLITICO.com

Sharron Angle tells Hispanics they look “a little more Asian” - On Politics: Covering the US Congress, Governors, and the 2010 Election - USATODAY.com
Bush Tax Cuts == Job Killer
June 2001: 132,047,000 employed
June 2003: 129,839,000 employed
2.21 million jobs were LOST after 2 years of Bush Tax Cuts.

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Oct 19, 2010, 01:44 AM

Whatever. The current President didn't know how many States there are in the Union.

And at this point, hyteckit, a trained chicken randomly pulling a lever would be an upgrade from that fossilized cretin Harry Reid.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

hyteckit  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 19, 2010, 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by Big Mac View Post
Whatever. The current President didn't know how many States there are in the Union.

And at this point, hyteckit, a trained chicken randomly pulling a lever would be an upgrade from that fossilized cretin Harry Reid.
Sharron Angle is a trained chicken? Good to know.

I bet she is a Chinese chicken.

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Oct 19, 2010, 02:07 AM

And we can also agree that Reid is a fossilized cretin?

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

subego
Clinically Insane
Oct 19, 2010, 02:34 AM

Reid is most definitely an idiot, but I rate Angle's backpedal a 1 out of 10. She only gets the 1 because I've seen pictures where she looks a little Asian.

She should have just owned up to her position. Her focus is on Hispanic illegal immigrants, and a primary issue she takes with them is the criminal element.

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Oct 19, 2010, 07:03 AM

At first I thought; "now why on earth would hyteckit be concerned about Sharron Angle in Nevada?" and then it occurred to me:
  • Nevada @14% unemployment; highest in the country.
  • Nevada also leads the country in foreclosures at one in every 79 homes in May, more than five times the national average.
  • Nevada highest in bankruptcy filings and credit card delinquency.
  • Harry "Negro dialect" Reid is losing to Sharron Angle 50-47 in latest Rasmussen poll.

After all, if "gaffe prone" were a reason to be concerned about leadership, we certainly couldn't be happy with Biden's performance could we? Otherwise, let the fact that Angle rendered Reid at a loss for a closing statement be evidence that a dead rabbit would be more effective for Nevada than Reid.

It's unfortunate that the Democrats can't run on their signature legislation, but it has made for some interesting election-time fodder.
  • O'Donnell; "witchcraft"
  • Rand Paul; "aqua buddha"
  • Webster; "linked to Taliban"
  • Angle; "extreme"

What you don't see among the left this election season is a discussion of issues of any kind. Dems aren't running on a platform this year, they're running from one. It's transparent alright.
ebuddy

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Oct 19, 2010, 07:26 AM

I just LOL.

In how bad shape are the Republicans that they even lose against Angle and co. LOL.

I'm just glad that the hyteckits and alike don't get their way. I can not fathom what kind of retards they would put in place.

-t

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Oct 19, 2010, 07:45 AM

It could be worse. Democrats could make religion a reeaally big wedge issue against Obama's wishes and call Republicans... *hush Muslims!
ebuddy

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Oct 19, 2010, 07:53 AM

I should say Republicans AND Democrats, for that matter.

-t

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 19, 2010, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by ebuddy View Post
At first I thought; "now why on earth would hyteckit be concerned about Sharron Angle in Nevada?" and then it occurred to me:
You over-thought it. It's the asian thing.

SpaceMonkey
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 19, 2010, 09:21 AM

Whatever. She can't beat DC's crazy mayoral candidate Carlos Allen, who is apparently "the first Afro-Latino in history."

"One ticket to Washington, please. I have a date with destiny."

hyteckit  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 19, 2010, 12:09 PM

Haha.. you conservative Republicans are silly.

It's about illegal immigrant and the silly thing Sharron Angle said about everyone looking Asian.

Sharron Angle can't even tell who's Asian and who's Hispanic, yet she thinks she is able to tell who's an illegal immigrant.

I don't know how you guys keep bring up Obama and Reid when it has nothing to do with the topic of discussion.

Sharron Angle killed a kid! Oh yeah, Harry Reid sucks. Say what?

You guys make as much sense as Sharron Angle.

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Oct 19, 2010, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
You over-thought it. It's the asian thing.
Incorrect. I was making some use of the post by springboarding from it to a better point.

The fact that she's running against Harry "This war is lost" Reid should establish the diversionary nature of the story and the machine's unwitting outlet; our fellow poster. The good news is there's only a couple of weeks to go.
ebuddy

hyteckit  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 19, 2010, 09:47 PM

• Nevada also leads the country in foreclosures at one in every 79 homes in May, more than five times the national average.
  • Harry "Negro dialect" Reid is losing to Sharron Angle 50-47 in latest Rasmussen poll.
Let me guess. Nevada has a Republican governor? Republican governors suck at their jobs. We have Arnold in California, another failed Republican governor. Because we all know the governor is in charge of the state budget and spending.

But this thread isn't about failed Republican governors.

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Oct 20, 2010, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by hyteckit View Post
Let me guess. Nevada has a Republican governor? Republican governors suck at their jobs. We have Arnold in California, another failed Republican governor. Because we all know the governor is in charge of the state budget and spending.

But this thread isn't about failed Republican governors.
True because if this thread were about replacing failed incumbents as has been done in the Nevada gubernatorial race, we'd also be talking about replacing Reid.

I was curious how you were able to work your way around Reid's immense catalogue of misspeak.
ebuddy

Gee-Man
Senior User
Oct 20, 2010, 06:19 PM

When in doubt, simply change the subject. Works every time.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 20, 2010, 06:24 PM

Incorrect. I was making some use of the post by springboarding from it to a better point.
Even worse.

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Oct 20, 2010, 07:54 PM

Your degree in the political field is serving you well, I see.

Twilly Spree
Senior User
Oct 24, 2010, 03:34 PM

I just can't get over how ugly Sharon Angle is. I'm sure that's not in the constitution.

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Oct 24, 2010, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Twilly Spree View Post
I just can't get over how ugly Sharon Angle is. I'm sure that's not in the constitution.
I know right? Like who does she think she is wearing those hump-me pumps?
ebuddy

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Oct 24, 2010, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by Gee-Man View Post
When in doubt, simply change the subject. Works every time.
Works on who, you? You're either giving me too much credit or you're patronizing the forum. All I'm doing is challenging why Sharon Angle's misspeak is of any consequence to the OP.

You see, it's been a very rough PR week for both candidates and to seize on one, but not the other seems odd particularly when the other is currently representing Nevada... which is also strangely important to the OP. Being left with no other conclusion than this is "politics as usual", one can't help, but think this is simply changing the subject from the short list of real problems in Nevada as cited earlier. If this is of any national consequence politically, it is the stark difference in ideals of how to solve the problems that the US shares with Nevada. There are many that have backed proposals they cannot run on right now and their machine would like nothing more than to simply change the subject.

In short, I wanted the OP to know his distribution of partisan talking points didn't work on me.
ebuddy

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Oct 25, 2010, 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by Laminar View Post
Your degree in the political field is serving you well, I see.
It seems like you've got some kind of strange fascination with Big Mac in all of his glory. Find another dude to crush on, please.

I think it's safe to predict Angle FTW.

Twilly Spree
Senior User
Oct 25, 2010, 09:48 AM

Yeah she may have been beaten quite severely with the ugly stick, but she's gonna win Reid. Being boring is the safest way to lose an election. Being facially challenged, isn't nearly as bad.. unless you're up against someone prettier (has to be of same sex)

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Oct 25, 2010, 03:34 PM

It seems like you've got some kind of strange fascination with Big Mac in all of his glory. Find another dude to crush on, please.
Yes, that's how the conceited self-absorbed posters typically respond to my posts.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 25, 2010, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Laminar View Post
Yes, that's how the conceited self-absorbed posters typically respond to my posts.
Judging from the amount of crushes you have (or have been accused have) I have deduced you're a polygamist.

Brien
Professional Poster
Oct 25, 2010, 11:25 PM

I still love that commercial where Angle told the press "it wasn't her job to bring jobs to Nevada".

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Oct 26, 2010, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by Brien View Post
I still love that commercial where Angle told the press "it wasn't her job to bring jobs to Nevada".
Let me guess, you love the commercial where Angle says this because it is both factually correct and patently obvious to anyone who knows who their current representatives are?
ebuddy

Brien
Professional Poster
Oct 26, 2010, 01:43 PM

It's hilarious. Have you seen it? I really don't want either of these people in office.

hyteckit  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 3, 2010, 12:49 AM

Sharron Angle, too nutty for Nevada. Almost any other candidate would've beaten Harry Reid. Nutty Joe Miller is next.

hyteckit  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 4, 2010, 05:53 AM

I think it's safe to predict Angle FTW.
Originally Posted by turtle777 View Post
I just LOL.

In how bad shape are the Republicans that they even lose against Angle and co. LOL.

I'm just glad that the hyteckits and alike don't get their way. I can not fathom what kind of retards they would put in place.

-t

Rasmussen poll? Haha... you mean the conservative bias polling company who has the worst record in polling accuracy?

So Harry Reid beats Sharron Angle soundly by 5%.

I would like to thank my fellow Asians for the Sharron Angle defeat.

The Asian Asians
The Pacific Islander Asians
The White Asians
The Black Asians
The Latino Asians

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Nov 4, 2010, 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by hyteckit View Post
Rasmussen poll? Haha... you mean the conservative bias polling company who has the worst record in polling accuracy?

So Harry Reid beats Sharron Angle soundly by 5%.

I would like to thank my fellow Asians for the Sharron Angle defeat.

The Asian Asians
The Pacific Islander Asians
The White Asians
The Black Asians
The Latino Asians
Let me get this straight, this was one of the largest Congressional turnovers since 1948 or some such thing with a landslide for Republicans and you're gloating because Reid held on to his seat? You're killin' me.

meh... you can have Nevada.
ebuddy

Forum Links
Forum Rules