Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Apple Internship

Apple Internship
fromthecloud
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 27, 2005, 10:35 AM

Has anyone here ever interned for Apple over the summer?
chown -R us:us yourbase

Dissent is not un-American.

AssassyN
Professional Poster
Apr 27, 2005, 11:34 AM

No, but if you get that chance, TAKE IT! Internships are GOLDEN for full-time future opportunities. Don't try to get employed w/o one.
5G 60GB video iPod
512MB iPod Shuffle
Westone UM1 Canalphones

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Apr 27, 2005, 11:35 AM

Yes, most likely, SOMEONE has.

Not me, though

-t

fromthecloud  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 27, 2005, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by AssassyN
No, but if you get that chance, TAKE IT! Internships are GOLDEN for full-time future opportunities. Don't try to get employed w/o one.
Well...the chance has presented itself and I was wondering if anyone here had previously taken the chance and was willing to share about the experience. I know that because of the NDA's, you can't talk about what you worked on, but I know that Apple University Relations has a lot of stuff scheduled for the interns outside of normal work.

So...anyone?
chown -R us:us yourbase

Dissent is not un-American.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Apr 27, 2005, 12:14 PM

Take it, and get used to Mr. Jobs' mood swings and treating employees like dirtbags.
That's what geniuses do...

-t

Superchicken
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 28, 2005, 12:29 AM

Take it... I would kill for something like this... granted I'm going into the pastorate... but go for it... imagine... it's one thing to say you did something useful at a company... how many people can say, "I had Steve Jobs rip my personal self worth to shreds!"

JustAnOl'Broad
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005, 03:11 AM

Originally Posted by Superchicken
... I would kill for something like this... granted I'm going into the pastorate...
mmmmm
Pastor -speak has changed since I was a kid.

milhous
Mac Elite
Apr 28, 2005, 03:28 AM

never interned at apple, but i would imagine if you got a gig with them, you should probably refrain from going to these types (like macnn forums) of sites while on the clock. what you do outside of work is your business of course.

basically, you don't want to blow a potential full-time opportunity when it's discovered that an intern has been potentially leaking things to the public and/or going to message boards. not to say you specifically would have these sorts of problems.

basically it depends on how serious you are in wanting to work for them. you can't go into a company with the mentality that you're a consumer of their products. it's the other way around now.
F = ma

fromthecloud  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by milhous
never interned at apple, but i would imagine if you got a gig with them, you should probably refrain from going to these types (like macnn forums) of sites while on the clock. what you do outside of work is your business of course.

basically, you don't want to blow a potential full-time opportunity when it's discovered that an intern has been potentially leaking things to the public and/or going to message boards. not to say you specifically would have these sorts of problems.

basically it depends on how serious you are in wanting to work for them. you can't go into a company with the mentality that you're a consumer of their products. it's the other way around now.
Well...obviously... . This is the last post about it that I'll make.

I just wanted to know if anyone here had ever done one before.

ManOfSteal
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 28, 2005, 08:33 AM

I did some summer campus work for Apple during college; however, never made it to the "Mothership" unfortunately.

Hawkeye_a
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 28, 2005, 08:45 AM

I applied, got interviewed at WWDC after they had the career fair for students. Everything was going great until they found out i didnt have authorization to work in the U.S, and since it was in 2001 just after the dot bomb, they were persuaded otherwise. Surprisingly it was my first interview for a 'real' job ever.

Whats important ?
1. working towards an acredited degree
2. outside projects you have done on your own, such as an application uve made public, etc....they want to see demos and such.

Each of the above are weighted equally, which si what they told us before teh career fair.

Cheers

Forum Links
Forum Rules