Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > CUPS driver for i900D

CUPS driver for i900D
beverson
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 25, 2004, 05:57 PM

I'm hoping someone can help us get a Canon i900D printer working over CUPS. My dad has a PowerBook, but we can't seem to connect to the i900D printer. First we were trying Windows printer sharing through a Dell tower. Now we have a Linksys print server. Both ways we can see the printer but can't seem to find a CUPS driver that will work with it. Plugging the i900D directly into the PowerBook or sharing it with an AirPort Express works, but of course those options are using Canon's drivers and not CUPS drivers. We would really like to get this printer working with CUPS. Any suggestions?

OreoCookie
Dec 25, 2004, 06:31 PM

Doesn't Canon's driver work when you connect the printer via LAN?
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

beverson  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 25, 2004, 07:06 PM

Originally posted by OreoCookie:
Doesn't Canon's driver work when you connect the printer via LAN?
I can't figure out how to make that work. I think it would if it were a true networked printer. But we're trying to network a USB printer. For example, when choosing AppleTalk in the Print Center, you don't actually select the printer but an emulated PostScript printer that the print server makes available. You then have to pick a driver, and we haven't been able to make any of the Canon CUPS drivers work. And there doesn't seem to be any way to select the supplied Canon driver at all � the only time that driver works, it is auto-selected when the printer is selected through USB or Rendezvous (via AirPort Express), and that is after you install the driver from the CD.

It's possible I'm doing something wrong, but this is what we've run into.

Forum Links
Forum Rules