Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Leopard Mail application problem

Leopard Mail application problem
striker100
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 28, 2007, 08:03 AM

I don't know how or when it happened but I can't send email with Leopards Mail program. When I click on "reply" to an email the "send" button is dimmed and nothing happens when I click on it. Is there any way to fix this problem?

Mastrap
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 28, 2007, 02:21 PM

Open mail preferences, then check your outgoing mail server settings for your mail account. Are they still valid? Did you do a straight upgrade or an archive and install?

matts360
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 29, 2007, 04:41 PM

Just upgraded to leopard

Mail app, cannot see any new mail or replied to mail to be able to type in, really frustrating
Have you found out why this is happening, cannot get anywhere on the web.. HELP!!!

matts360
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 30, 2007, 04:04 AM

just upgraded, why is that a problem? this was not explained in the book..?
THe deleted mail also will not disappear now, on quitting and reopening, it is tsill in the drafts box?

matts360
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 30, 2007, 05:31 AM

Tried that one thanks, no good. Really getting frustrating. When I click on new message, it flashes briefly, then goes back to the inbox, and you cannot see the new message window to type in. When you click on the Window menu, you can see all the draft messages that you have strarted, but cannot see them when you select them to read. Then, all those drafts stay in the drafts folder, even though you have deleted them, when you quit and restart the app. Cannot do any mails out now. All server settings are fine and dandy, as they were all there in Tiger OS before upgrading to Leopard. Do you know if you can downgrade back to Tiger from Leopard?

matts360
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 30, 2007, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by striker100 View Post
I don't know how or when it happened but I can't send email with Leopards Mail program. When I click on "reply" to an email the "send" button is dimmed and nothing happens when I click on it. Is there any way to fix this problem?
SUSSED THE NEW MAIL MESSAGE PROBLEM!!!
I am delighted to say that I resolved this one myself... Its on an IMAC 20", which I had also hooked up to a second display (although not switched on). What happened is that I turned to system Preferences, went to Displays, and changed the settings in the arrangement tab. This I thought would help, as perhaps the New Message window had been created, but was displayed somewhere else I could not see, and Guess what, there they all were! They had been elongated after the update to Leopard, and subsequently, were all sat there on the 'other' display.

I hope his helps with others with the same problem. (thats also why I did not have the problem on the laptop)
Good luck to all.

Forum Links
Forum Rules