Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Can't Use New iPod nano with Panther?

Can't Use New iPod nano with Panther?
striker100
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 26, 2008, 03:27 PM

A friend called me this morning freaking out because he bought a new iPod nano for his daughter and when he hooked it up to his Mac it said he had to have OS X version 4.9 or higher. He is still running Panther 4/3.x, is there any kind of hack or work around to get his new iPod to work with Panther

Langdon
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 26, 2008, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by striker100 View Post
is there any kind of hack or work around to get his new iPod to work with Panther
No.
None.
He needs to pony up the money to upgrade to Tiger. It says right on the Nano box that its required. He should have done his homework before buying it.

SirCastor
Professional Poster
Jan 27, 2008, 12:53 PM

My brother ran into the same problem with his iPod Classic. He was running 10.2 He's stuck as well.
2008 iMac 3.06 Ghz, 2GB Memory, GeForce 8800, 500GB HD, SuperDrive
8gb iPhone on Tmobile

skoolsux360
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 27, 2008, 01:16 PM

I ran into the same problem the day before the iphone came out. and when your 15, you don't really have an extra $130 handy after spending $650. so i got it off the bay. I also didnt want to buy it because i knew leopard was coming out soon. i figured apple would want $600 for the iphone than $130 for tiger.........

Forum Links
Forum Rules