Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Can't resize launcher window

Can't resize launcher window
MichaelJPR
Dec 28, 2000, 11:37 AM

Hey, kids. What would I do without you?

Here's the prob:

My iMac SE 400 graphite's Launcher just got porky on me. I tried to upgrade the Palm Desktop software from 2.5 to 2.6. On the restart, there was no upgrade and my launcher extended below the bottom of the screen so I can't resize it. Even when I change the resolution to 1024x768, it's still below the bottom. I'm running 9.0.4....

MichaelJPR  (op)
Dec 28, 2000, 12:20 PM

One more thing....

When I drag the launcher window to see the bottom, it takes six full-screen "drags" and there's not resizing box when I get to the bottom.

tooki
Admin Emeritus
Dec 28, 2000, 07:38 PM

My mom's Mac gets this problem from time to time. Just close the Launcher (this is important - it must be closed), then go into System Folder ->Preferences and drag the Launcher preferences file to the Trash, then restart the Mac. It should be fine then!

tooki

Cipher13
Dec 28, 2000, 08:11 PM

... then lock the Preferences file once you have the Launcher where you want it.
It will stay be there each time you open it (thats the tradeoff) and this will not happen again.

Cipher13

Forum Links
Forum Rules