Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > hear music at Wakeup

hear music at Wakeup
dawaves
Forum Regular
Apr 3, 2000, 03:39 AM

I was wondering if my G4/400 w/ os 9 could play my mp3's somehow when it wokeup from sleep, kinda like an alarm? I understand that my os must recognize only MAC sound files in the energy saver control panal, so how do I convert my MP's into mac sound files? third party software? I currently am using Soundjam MP witht the new updates, but that does not weem to help that much. What can I do?
"The only problem with Microsoft is they just have no taste, they have absolutely no taste...they just make really third rate products."

- Steve Jobs (founder and CEO of Apple, Pixar, NeXT, and hopefully Disney)

Tinman
Apr 3, 2000, 05:02 AM

Search at http://www.versiontracker.com/ for the free SoundApp program. It allow you to convert sound files into System 7/8 sounds which you can put into the "System" file so you can use them.

Put sound files into the "System" file in the System Folder by double-clicking it to open it and drag the sound files into it.

Zwilnik
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 3, 2000, 06:35 AM

Converting them to system files would be a bit heavy on drive space (30+ megs per song), and would actually make your system use more memory, without actually making them play automatically on startup.

Simply load a tune into the Movie Player, Save it out as a quicktime movie file, and drop it into the startup items folder in your system folder. Anything the Mac detects in this folder on startup, it will attempt to activate (as if you'd double clicked on it).
Aaron

iPond317
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 3, 2000, 10:33 AM

You can also use Audion to wake up to music. I think the address is www.panic.com. Check it out, I've been using it for a while and it's also a really great player! Hope this helps!

------------------
-- iPond317
All hail iMac DV
G4 Performance Leader
iBook #1 consumer laptop
Mac OS 9: Your Internet co-pilot
Power Mac G4 considered "super computer"
Think different.
iPond317 | ODU Apple Campus Rep
"Ten years ago down by the lake I sunk my sweet love down to her watery grave." - Hello Again | DMB

Old: Apple IIc, PowerMac 7200/90, iMac Bondi Blue 233, Titanium PowerBook G4 400 - New: MacBook 2.0, iPhone 8GB, AirPort Extreme Gb, iPod 30GB 5th Gen

Forum Links
Forum Rules