Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Power Tower Pro 225 Startup Problem

Power Tower Pro 225 Startup Problem
RSchnarren
Mar 22, 2000, 02:06 PM

I hope I'm in the right area as I am new to this sort of thing, so here goes--I have a Pwr Tower Pro 225 which I have been having unexplained Freezes, crashes, and Bus address problems, so I decided to reformat a 4gb Seagate Barracuda (low level) drive, with HDT Toolkit 3.0. After this was done I reinstalled Mac OS 8.0. My Computer started Up and as I Selected the Finder to view the Apple Menu Items that were installed the computer froze and came back with the dreaded bomb and said a Bus address error had occured, and to restart Holding down the shift key---this did not work so I had to force Start from the command, control and On button. When I did this it seemed that it was going to start up but it did not. I heard what I think was the hard drive starting but it stop after the first initial sounds and the monitor screen remained black. On many tries at restarting this way the results were the same. I tried to startup from several CD's and the results were still the same. On one or two occasions while trying to start Up from the CD's I got the Bomb dialog saying a Bus error had occured. Iam think that something maybe wrong with my Hard drive or what have you---I'm very frustrated can anyone lead me in the right direction, Thank You. R. W.

------------------

dbart
Mar 22, 2000, 09:54 PM

I have a PowerBase whose drives I recently reformatted (low-level) with Apple's latest Drive Setup. It has cured many small (but annoying) problems I was experiencing with FWB's software (freezes, Zip issues, etc.). Might be worth a shot. Check out www.powerwatch.com for all you'll ever want to know about PowerComputing issues!

RSchnarren
Mar 23, 2000, 10:26 AM

dbart, thanks for the information, I'll look into it. My monitor screen remains black after I try a forced restart and I cannot get it to boot, so I can't do anything with reformatting the drive. Thanks Again.

Forum Links
Forum Rules