Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Control Strip Modules/Video Mirroring

Control Strip Modules/Video Mirroring
Throdog
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 19, 2001, 03:11 PM

I have a pismo 500 dvd and I'm trying to get video mirroring to work. I went into the monitors control panel and set it up and the monitors don't mirror, they stay side by side. I have an apple 21" studio display. I was doing some digging around and found a control strip module for video mirroring. However, the it does not appear in the actual control strip? Has anyone ever seen this or had a problem with video mirroring? I have system 9.0.4 and I tried to reinstall the video part of the software. No luck.

Thanks

tonton
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 20, 2001, 06:16 AM

The Video Mirroring CSM should show up whenever a second monitor is connected. It doesn't show up when there is no second monitor attached.

If you have a second monitor attached and it still doesn't work, it seems like your computer doesn't seem to think your video card supports mirroring. I'd try trashing the monitors preferences file.
��n+�N

Got Vurt? Jeff Noon

Jsnuff1
Mac Elite
Apr 20, 2001, 12:40 PM

i had the same problem, tunred out that the grpahic card didnt have enough memory to support both monitors

tonton
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 20, 2001, 10:31 PM

Originally posted by Jsnuff1:
i had the same problem, tunred out that the grpahic card didnt have enough memory to support both monitors
Throdog said he tried decreasing the resolution. Pismo has an 8MB ATI Rage Mobility 128, same as the TiBook. It supports mirroring to a second monitor up to something like 1600x1200 at thousands of colors or 1280x1024 at millions.

If trashing the Monitors Preferences doesn't work, reinstall the ATI drivers.
��n+�N

Got Vurt? Jeff Noon

Forum Links
Forum Rules