Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > 24 Season Five

24 Season Five (Page 5)
sabrejim
May 4, 2006, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by xi_hyperon
Heh.

*countdown timer*
- Cut to scene of Jack reading a newspaper in the stall
- 10 minutes pass; Jack walks out of stall, tosses newspaper in the trash
*countdown timer - cut to commercial*
That would be a fantastic series finale, except instead of getting up and walking out of the pooper, you hear 3 gunshots and see him shot in the head.

andreas_g4
Professional Poster
May 4, 2006, 11:33 AM

That would be crappy.

ThinkInsane
Moderator Emeritus
May 8, 2006, 10:02 PM

Oh Miles, you ambitious POS. I hope Jack fixes your ass but good.

I'm glad Logan didn't pop himself. I would much rather see him and his headset wearing cronies all come down in the season finale. Another good episode. Can't wait to see the rest of the season.
Nemo me impune lacesset

ink
Mac Elite
May 8, 2006, 10:16 PM

greenamp  (op)
Mac Elite
May 9, 2006, 12:13 AM

Jack Bauer can program a memory card to explode, but he can't make a stinkin copy of a digital recording?
( Last edited by greenamp; May 9, 2006 at 12:55 AM. )

xi_hyperon
Addicted to MacNN
May 9, 2006, 10:30 AM

Fox finally signed a deal with Apple, so 24 (amongst other Fox shows) is now on iTunes.

Monique
Mac Elite
May 9, 2006, 04:53 PM

So what is he going to do next, now that the recording was erased by another weasel. Too many people know the truth and heard it. Is Logan the original weasel going to kill them all? His reasons are still unclear, ambition, power, stupidity???

chabig
Addicted to MacNN
May 9, 2006, 06:24 PM

Do we really know the recording was erased? What did miles do? I didn't see him touch anything. And he didn't take the recorder. Maybe Chloe will figure out how to recover it.

Chris

stevesnj
Mac Elite
May 9, 2006, 07:10 PM

remember the Pres. wife knows what he did, as long as she is alive she could spill the beans
MacBook Pro 15" i7 ~ Snow Leopard ~ iPhone 4 - 16Gb

greenamp  (op)
Mac Elite
May 9, 2006, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by chabig
Do we really know the recording was erased? What did miles do? I didn't see him touch anything. And he didn't take the recorder. Maybe Chloe will figure out how to recover it.

Chris
He had a little red flashy thing in his hand, and set it next to the recording while he was talking to Chloe.

sabrejim
May 10, 2006, 02:27 PM

Magnet maybe? EMP? Electromagnepulseometer?

ThinkInsane
Moderator Emeritus
May 10, 2006, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Monique
So what is he going to do next, now that the recording was erased by another weasel. Too many people know the truth and heard it. Is Logan the original weasel going to kill them all? His reasons are still unclear, ambition, power, stupidity???
Well, since last season, it's been pretty clear that Logan is a pretty weak man, always looking for help as well as someone to blame. It would stand to reason, to me at least, that I guy like that would be pretty easy to manipulate by powerful and ambitious men like the headset guys. He's a coward that wants to appear strong, and that's never a good thing, certainly not in a President. Ultimately, I think his reasoning comes down to he's a weasel, plain and simple, and no one likes a weasel. Not even other weasels.

I don't think he will kill them all. Without proof they have nothing, and killing them all will just raise more questions. People are already getting suspicious of his motives (namely Novak) and killing a bunch of federal agents will do nothing to but increase suspicion. The Logan character is not well suited to grand conspiracy, and I think that will ultimately be his undoing. He's just to weak a man to carry this out.
Nemo me impune lacesset

Doofy
Clinically Insane
May 10, 2006, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by kaze0
Magnet maybe? EMP? Electromagnepulseometer?
In the days of tape, we used to use those things a lot. Basically they put out a magnetic field which blanks the media.
Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.

Eug Wanker
Posting Junkie
Location: Dangling something in the water… of the Arabian Sea
May 10, 2006, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by greenamp
Jack Bauer can program a memory card to explode, but he can't make a stinkin copy of a digital recording?
Yes, 'tis exceedingly stoopid.

thayalan6868
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 10, 2006, 03:34 PM

Miles won't erase it. That woud be pure stupidity. He would lose the upper hand. The same reason why Hendersen didn't erase it, the co-pilot didn't erase it, and twhy Miles will not erase it.

xi_hyperon
Addicted to MacNN
May 10, 2006, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by ThinkInsane
Well, since last season, it's been pretty clear that Logan is a pretty weak man, always looking for help as well as someone to blame. It would stand to reason, to me at least, that I guy like that would be pretty easy to manipulate by powerful and ambitious men like the headset guys. He's a coward that wants to appear strong, and that's never a good thing, certainly not in a President. Ultimately, I think his reasoning comes down to he's a weasel, plain and simple, and no one likes a weasel. Not even other weasels.
I'd just like to jump in and say Gregory Itzin should be commended for his portrayal of Logan. I haven't researched to find out if he's had any other roles (I don't recall seeing him before 24), but I wouldn't mind seeing him in future roles.

Also, his character came awfully close to popping himself Monday night, but if I recall, the producers said that a sitting president will not die on the show.

greenamp  (op)
Mac Elite
May 10, 2006, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by xi_hyperon
I'd just like to jump in and say Gregory Itzin should be commended for his portrayal of Logan. I haven't researched to find out if he's had any other roles (I don't recall seeing him before 24), but I wouldn't mind seeing him in future roles.

Also, his character came awfully close to popping himself Monday night, but if I recall, the producers said that a sitting president will not die on the show.
Gregory Itzin has had a pretty successful career playing various Star Trek characters.

ThinkInsane
Moderator Emeritus
May 11, 2006, 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by VanillaEps
Miles won't erase it. That woud be pure stupidity. He would lose the upper hand. The same reason why Hendersen didn't erase it, the co-pilot didn't erase it, and twhy Miles will not erase it.
I disagree, I think it's obvious from what they showed on this weeks show and the preview of next week that Miles did erase it. Miles, in true sniveling weasel fashion is looking to get in the Presidents good graces, to be owed after the dust settles and get a cushy high level position. And maybe get a little retribution against Karen for keeping him in the dark after "years of loyalty". He hasn't been involved, so he's not aware of what he's dealing with, what these people are willing to do to keep this recording from becoming public. Miles doesn't realize that the promotion that's forthcoming will involve a nice long dirt nap.

Henderson on the other hand didn't erase the recording because as long as he had it, it was his insurance that he wouldn't be getting the same promotion that Miles can look forward to. It was in his best interest to not have that recording destroyed. The copilot worked for Henderson, so his motivation falls into the "protect the guy that pays the bills" category. The copilot had no motivation to erase it. Did they ever say if he even knew what the recording was? It could very well be, and actually seems more than likely that Henderson just said "Take this and stash it in Berlin" (or where ever the flight was going) and didn't tell him what was on it. It'd be stupid for Henderson tell him, and I would imagine that he told him not to even listen to it.

The motivation for Miles was personal gain, the motivation for Henderson was to stay alive, the motivation for the copilot was to STFU and do what he's told.

Xi, you're right, he's very good in the part he plays. Didn't someone say on the last page he gets **** from people on the street for being Logan? I can't think of higher praise for an actor than to have complete strangers spit on you on the street because you do your job so convincingly.
Nemo me impune lacesset

andreas_g4
Professional Poster
May 11, 2006, 02:15 AM

I'm not sure about the Miles thing, but ehen I saw that last scene between Jack and Audrey, I couldn't escape the feeling that Audrey will have to die this theason. I hope not, though.

ThinkInsane
Moderator Emeritus
May 22, 2006, 10:26 PM

Wow, what a great finale and season. I was kind of expecting the ski mask guys to be Chinese, but I wasn't sure if they were or if they were the headset goons men.

Well, we know Jack doesn't get killed, because he's signed on for two more seasons, so do you think he'll escape/ get rescued in the interim, or the escape/rescue be this coming season? Or will we be treated to two seasons (two days) in the life of a prisoner of the Chinese government?

Best season yet. Still haven't finished season 3, but I feel confident that this one topped it.
Nemo me impune lacesset

Agasthya
Professional Poster
May 22, 2006, 10:30 PM

That was pretty stupid.

The last four episodes were a joke.

ThinkInsane
Moderator Emeritus
May 22, 2006, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by Agasthya
That was pretty stupid.

The last four episodes were a joke.
Really? I thought they were pretty good. What didn't you like about them?
Nemo me impune lacesset

b33faroni
May 22, 2006, 10:55 PM

Best finale of 24 ever in my opinion, first cliffhanger I believe besides the palmer anthrax dealy. Everyone knew that was coming when the guy said "Theres a phone call on the landline inside that room for you" and points to the dark and rusty door, just didnt expect the Chinese. Heh, would have been even cooler if at the end he indeed was killed instead of deported and the contract just turned out to be for the movie, which was like a pre season 1 kind of thing. None the less, great ending!

Lava Lamp Freak
May 22, 2006, 11:06 PM

It was very unexpected that the plot from this season would be wrapped up and the plot from the last season brought back in to play.

Keifer stated in an interview that the contract is for producing the show. He also said that the possibility is always open that Jack can be killed.

Agasthya
Professional Poster
May 22, 2006, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by ThinkInsane
Really? I thought they were pretty good. What didn't you like about them?
Bauer: You need to secure the submarine.
Submarine Idiot: Sure thing. First let me open the top hatch and see what's going on outside.

The fact that Bierko orchestrated an escape when he was in custody for about 8 hours.

Bierko saving a canister of nerve gas "just in case" when he repeatedly said that they were going to use it all at the gas plant.

Jack getting clocked TWICE in the face with a wrench and just keeps going like nothing happened.

A lot of people are saying that the Chinese at the end "saved the ending." Well no **** the Chinese were coming. Jack's face was on every ****ing agency in the United States and probably on Fox News sometime during the show too. I would have been disappointed if they didn't come after him - also, I thought it was pretty damn obvious it was the Chinese when Jack was kidnapped.

I'm sure there's more, but I can't think of them right now - maybe later tonight.

Eug Wanker
Posting Junkie
May 22, 2006, 11:32 PM

It will be interesting how this plays out, considering that the Chinese are justified in beating the crap out of Jack, given how Jack's antics are responsible for that consul's death. Palmer had said that consul was a good guy too, who usually cooperated with the US.

I look forward to Season 6... in January 2007.

abe
Professional Poster
May 23, 2006, 12:58 AM

America should know the political orientation of government officials who might be in a position to adversely influence the future of this country. http://tinyurl.com/4vucu5

Monique
Mac Elite
May 23, 2006, 11:56 AM

First Jack is not responsible for the braindead guard who decided to shoot the counsel; that is totally ridiculous. I loved the line of the Chinese guy that said they have a long memory; it is ashamed that they do not have any sort of justice in their country.

I agree that it is one of the best finale; especially the smile of Jack's face at the end; he knew that he was going to get one hell of a beating.

What did I say earlier in that thread that the movie was going to be the conclusion of season 6.

BlueSky
Mac Elite
May 23, 2006, 12:28 PM

I keep hearing that this is the best season ever, not sure I agree. What was missing for me were familiar characters...Tony, Michelle, Edgar etc. and no one to really replace them. It's almost as if their "talent budget" was slim this time and they needed to pare down.

This season seemed like Jack and Chloe were masters of time, space and the universe and it was all on them. There wasn't even time for poor Kim to get kidnapped.

Eug Wanker
Posting Junkie
May 23, 2006, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Monique
First Jack is not responsible for the braindead guard who decided to shoot the counsel; that is totally ridiculous.
Yeah it was Chinese "friendly fire" that killed the consul, but ultimately, it was the US's fault. The US invaded Chinese soil, to get someone that the Chinese embassy was ultimately going to hand over anyway (albeit not quickly enough), even though they didn't have to under international law.

As Palmer said, the invasion had to be done without the government's support, because of the fact that it would otherwise cause a major diplomatic incident. And it did.

greenamp  (op)
Mac Elite
May 23, 2006, 02:21 PM

So what are the Chinese planning on doing with Bauer anyway? It's not like the US Gov't would try to get him back, much less even acknowledge he ever worked for them.

I wonder why he's so valuable? Maybe he will end up working with Jackie Chan as a double agent!

sabrejim
May 23, 2006, 02:28 PM

My guess is that the next season kicks off once again with 2 hours on Sunday and Monday with jack escaping from a chinese prison. Once out of the prison he is chased by a Chinese crime lord named Lao Che. Jack escapes but he unknowingly sneaks onto a plane owned by Lao Che as it takes off. Jack finally decides to take a nap only to wake up to see that the pilot bailed out of the plane and its about to crash. Jack finds a magic hoodie and leaps out of the plane and floats down to a jungle. I'm out of ideas for the rest.

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
May 23, 2006, 02:40 PM

No Kaze0... you got it all wrong. A little Chinese kid named Short Round wakes Jack up on the plane and tells him, "NO MORE PARACHUTES!" They find an inflatable raft in the back and jump out. Miraculously they land on a nearby snow covered mountain before they go for a short sleigh ride into the jungle. And that's just within the first 10 minutes of the season 6 opener.

Slick shoes?! Are you crazy?!

Monique
Mac Elite
May 23, 2006, 02:49 PM

You guys are funny. He is valuable because of what he knows.

dreamryche
Forum Regular
May 23, 2006, 04:29 PM

He's valuable because he's Jack F'ing Bauer.

lavar78
Professional Poster
May 23, 2006, 10:58 PM

I thought it was rather obvious that the Chinese were coming for him, but it was well done. I'm sure they'd love some way of getting him to work for them (brainwashing?).

As for the best finale debate, I'm sticking with the first one. There was magic there: the then-rare "graphic violence" warning, Jack unloading a clip on Drazen (and a few clicks after he was out!), Teri finding out too much, and Jack finding her... I'll never forget that.

I still miss Soul Patch. I'm glad Chloe's safe.

"I'm virtually bursting with adequatulence!" - Bill McNeal, NewsRadio

greenamp  (op)
Mac Elite
May 23, 2006, 11:15 PM

Some Jackie Chan and Short Round action on 24 would definitely be the cool way to go. Or hell I could totally see this starting a new spinoff, "24: China", featuring special agent Jet Li.

But we all know how it's gonna play out. The Chinese kidnap Kim, force Jack to do bad things or else they kill Kim, and then Season 1 starts again... except in an alternate reality! Dun dun DAAA!

Jack then discovers that the corruption goes far deeper than he ever imagined. Romulans have been tampering with earth history again trying to prevent the Federation from being formed. Gregory Itzin returns as Romulan agent Tak'nal. With the help of the USS Enterprise E , Chloe hacks Tak'Nal's cloaked bird of prey and...

nevermind.

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
May 24, 2006, 01:19 AM

Unless Jack was completely off his game from the day's ordeal, I have to believe he knew he was going be attacked. He got told by a complete stranger to take a call in a random building from his daughter? How would Kim know how to get in contact with him? And then he failed to put up much more than tepid resistance, whereas Jack should have been able to easily dispatch both of those guys. I think after coming back to settle things America, Jack decided to play into the hands of the Chinese in order to settle the score over there. That's the simplest explanation I have, anyway.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

himself
Mac Elite
May 24, 2006, 03:25 AM

It was probably Logan and the Nokia Ear-piece guys that brought the chinese in to snatch Bauer... Logan said on a number of occasions that "The Bauer Problem" was taken care of. Just not soon enough for Logan, I guess. And rest assured Kim will be in distress next season, to make up for her absence this season.
"Bill Gates can't guarantee Windows... how can you guarantee my safety?"
-John Crichton

sabrejim
May 24, 2006, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by Big Mac
Unless Jack was completely off his game from the day's ordeal, I have to believe he knew he was going be attacked. He got told by a complete stranger to take a call in a random building from his daughter? How would Kim know how to get in contact with him? And then he failed to put up much more than tepid resistance, whereas Jack should have been able to easily dispatch both of those guys. I think after coming back to settle things America, Jack decided to play into the hands of the Chinese in order to settle the score over there. That's the simplest explanation I have, anyway.
Maybe getting whacked with that wrench 3 times caught up to him.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Dec 14, 2006, 02:02 AM

Ok, bump, now that Season 5 is out on DVD.
( It's not 6 months yet, and tooki is gone )

So, the ending sucked balls. I mean, yeah, it was unexpected, but gosh, I hate those cliffhangers.

Besides that, what I didn't like about this season is that it was too crammed. The timing was far more unrealistic than in the past. Everything happened basically within 15 minutes drive. In LA ! LOL.

Well, anyways, good entertainment. Can't wait to see Jack escape from China.

-t

starman
Clinically Insane
Dec 14, 2006, 02:09 AM

You can watch him escape on youtube

Home - Twitter - Sig Wall-Retired - Flickr

xi_hyperon
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 14, 2006, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by what_the_heck View Post
What do you mean by "tooki is gone"?

andreas_g4
Professional Poster
Dec 14, 2006, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by what_the_heck View Post

So, the ending sucked balls. I mean, yeah, it was unexpected, but gosh, I hate those cliffhangers.

Besides that, what I didn't like about this season is that it was too crammed. The timing was far more unrealistic than in the past. Everything happened basically within 15 minutes drive. In LA ! LOL.

Well, anyways, good entertainment. Can't wait to see Jack escape from China.

-t
Yes, the travel times were awkward. But I saw the season rigth when it was aired, imagine THAT with respect to the cliffhanger… I am anticipating Season 6 so much… it almost embarrassing…

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Dec 14, 2006, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by xi_hyperon View Post
What do you mean by "tooki is gone"?
well, gone, done, over with, end, nada, zilch, good bye.

http://forums.macnn.com/89/macnn-lou...time-has-come/

-t

xi_hyperon
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 14, 2006, 02:17 PM

Woah. I gotta drop in more often. Well, not too often.

ThinkInsane
Moderator Emeritus
Dec 14, 2006, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by starman View Post
You can watch him escape on youtube
Have a link? I can't seem to find it.
Nemo me impune lacesset

Forum Links
Forum Rules