Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > life changing advice needed

life changing advice needed
greenamp
Mac Elite
Oct 30, 2004, 11:28 AM

I've suspected for some time now that my wife has been having an affair. The usual signs. Phone rings, I answer, someone hangs up. She started going out 'with the girls' a lot recently although when I ask which girls it is always "Just some friends from work, you don't know them". I always look out for her taxi coming home but she always walks down the drive although I can hear a car setting off. As if she has got out of the car round the corner. Why? Is it not a taxi? I once picked her mobile up just to see what time it was and she went beserk and screamed that I should never touch her phone again and why was I checking up on her.

Anyway, I have never approached the subject with my wife. I think deep down I just didn't want to know the truth but last night she went out again and I decided to check on her. I decided I was going to hide behind my bike in the back on my truck which would give me a view of the whole street so I could see which car she gets out of. It was while I was crouched behind my bike that I noticed rust around my rear wheel pivot bolt.

So, I need some advice on what could be a life changing decision.

Should I take it into a bike repair shop or should I buy some stuff from the local bike shop and try to repair it myself?

(edit: this is a joke)
( Last edited by greenamp; Oct 30, 2004 at 12:10 PM. )

wdlove
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 30, 2004, 11:51 AM

Confused by the changing of the subject. Unless you are proficient at bike repair, then you should take it into the shop. So did you actually see your wife returning from home?

"Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense." Winston Churchill

Xeo
Moderator Emeritus
Oct 30, 2004, 12:02 PM

So is this really a thread about your bike and you're making the rest up? Or are you serious about the first part, cause man, that sucks if so. If you have a prenup, don't confront until you get proof so you get everything and she gets kicked to the curb like she deserves.

greenamp  (op)
Mac Elite
Oct 30, 2004, 12:10 PM

*fixed

Kilbey
Baninated
Oct 30, 2004, 12:48 PM

Originally posted by greenamp:

Should I take it into a bike repair shop or should I buy some stuff from the local bike shop and try to repair it myself?
If at all possible, and you have the time, do it your self.

It's very rewarding to do it your self. I can't image relying on others to do work for me.

But then, to pay someone else is good for the economy.

the_glassman
Mac Elite
Oct 30, 2004, 12:57 PM

vmpaul
Professional Poster
Oct 30, 2004, 12:57 PM

That was good.
The only thing that I am reasonably sure of is that anybody who's got an ideology has stopped thinking. - Arthur Miller

ambush
Banned
Oct 30, 2004, 01:03 PM

LOL

I was really like.. sad man YES SHE IS CHEATING ON U

Forum Links
Forum Rules