Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > 24 Season Five

24 Season Five (Page 3)
itai195
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 16, 2006, 01:16 PM

Yeah but this is 24. The show where F-16 pilots can shoot down nuclear missiles.

Eug Wanker
Posting Junkie
Location: Dangling something in the water… of the Arabian Sea
Mar 16, 2006, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Big Mac
I do think it was a bit of a cheesy way to kill Tony. As an agent he was near Jack's level; he shouldn't have given up the syringe that easily.
Well, Jack was easily fooled by Robocop too, and just about got blown up by him. Robocop is the shiznit.

24 has been getting great ratings, right? So why does this season appear to be the last one? It looks like it has to be, unless Jack can collect the dragon balls and make a wish to revive everyone who was lost.
Meh. Everyone in 24 is disposable, except Jack.

Originally Posted by itai195
Yeah but this is 24. The show where F-16 pilots can shoot down nuclear missiles.
I'm just impressed that they never have to eat, and never run into heavy traffic in LA.

BlueSky
Mac Elite
Mar 16, 2006, 01:23 PM

Wasn't Tony injected with sodium pentathol? Maybe he didn't get a fatal dose...he'll just wake up and tell the truth all over the place: "I pee in the shower!", "I'm wearing SpongeBob Squarepants undies!", "Michelle was getting on my nerves anyway!", until Jack bitch slaps him back into a state of semi-truthiness so they can go rescue Kim, who is about to be kidnapped, of all things.

as2
Mac Elite
Mar 16, 2006, 01:41 PM

Thought it was a bit of a non episode this week.
[img=http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/1300/desktj.jpg]

ThinkInsane
Moderator Emeritus
Mar 16, 2006, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Eug Wanker
Well, Jack was easily fooled by Robocop too, and just about got blown up by him. Robocop is the shiznit.

I'm just impressed that they never have to eat, and never run into heavy traffic in LA.
Completely off topic, but speaking of Robocop, on Thursday nights we sometimes go to a local cigar bar after work. For three or four weeks in a row, I kept noticing this guy that looked like Robocop. I kept saying to my friends "Hey doesn't that guy look like Robocop?". And I get a response like "maybe a little". Then one day, I'm reading the paper and there's an article about how Peter Weller is teaching at Syracuse Univeristy (history courses I believe, I saw him as a commentator on a history channel program on the crusades where his title was listed as "Peter Weller, Professor of History- Syracuse University"), and how he likes to go to Awful Al's for cigars and single malt scotch while he finishes his work for the week before heading back to L.A. for the weekend.

They guy that looked "maybe a little" like Robocop was Robocop. Now I'm glad I never got a chance to talk to him, or he might have stabbed me in the heart with a needle too.
Nemo me impune lacesset

brapper
Professional Poster
Mar 17, 2006, 02:33 AM

Holy heck...they're dropping like flies on 24!

abe
Professional Poster
Mar 19, 2006, 02:46 AM

Originally Posted by BlueSky
Wasn't Tony injected with sodium pentathol? Maybe he didn't get a fatal dose...he'll just wake up and tell the truth all over the place: "I pee in the shower!", "I'm wearing SpongeBob Squarepants undies!", "Michelle was getting on my nerves anyway!", until Jack bitch slaps him back into a state of semi-truthiness so they can go rescue Kim, who is about to be kidnapped, of all things.
Speaking of Kim. I'm not all that crazy about her, but for those who are, here's a little present.

lavar78
Professional Poster
Mar 21, 2006, 10:22 PM

Goodbye, Soul Patch. I'll miss you.

"I'm virtually bursting with adequatulence!" - Bill McNeal, NewsRadio

Eug Wanker
Posting Junkie
Mar 21, 2006, 10:32 PM

I see that and I feel like a dirty old man, cuz I always remember Popular Mechanics for Kids:

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Mar 22, 2006, 01:38 AM

Don't feel bad, Eug - every smoking hot girl was once a young kid. Unless you're talking artificial humans, I guess.

So what happened this week? I missed it again.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

vinster
Senior User
Mar 22, 2006, 01:49 AM

Originally Posted by Big Mac
So what happened this week? I missed it again.
Zoom to 8:59pm: A woman who helped the terrorists told Jack that Audrey Rains sold her schematics and access codes to their prime target.
( Last edited by vinster; Mar 22, 2006 at 02:06 AM. )

abe
Professional Poster
Mar 28, 2006, 01:47 AM

That new 'sexual harassment' chick is nutz. I loved the look Chloe gave at her saying Buchanan's hand brushing across her shoulder wasn't right!
America should know the political orientation of government officials who might be in a position to adversely influence the future of this country. http://tinyurl.com/4vucu5

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Mar 28, 2006, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by abe
That new 'sexual harassment' chick is nutz.
Nuts but hot.
Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Mar 28, 2006, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by Eug Wanker
Actually... ...Kiefer is already on record as stating that Jack is disposable, should the need arise.

I know, I know. It'd be like having Stargate SG-1 without Jack O'Neill. Or something.

xi_hyperon
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 28, 2006, 11:35 AM

They are obviously setting up the VP to look like the bad guy in the White House. Is he involved with the plot, or just a red herring?

Eug Wanker
Posting Junkie
Mar 29, 2006, 12:34 AM

Did your HD feed cut to SD 4:3?

My PVR-recorded Fox TV HD feed went from 16:9 HD to 4:3 SD in the middle of the show.

So I switched over to my PVR-recorded Global TV (Toronto) HD feed, except that stupidly Global TV airs 24 in 4:3 HD mode.

andreas_g4
Professional Poster
Mar 31, 2006, 11:49 AM

For the record, 24 is my favorite show, BUT: The biggest plot hole is that Jack hasn't become insane yet. It's freaking ridiculous.

exca1ibur
Mac Elite
Mar 31, 2006, 12:03 PM

He did go wacko and become a drug addict between, I believe, season two and three when he was undercover for a year with the Salizars though.

abe
Professional Poster
Apr 1, 2006, 06:16 PM

http://www.sentinelthemovie.com/

Could Kiefer Sutherland become this generation's equivalent of Connery in 007 Films? He creates the mold and when he leaves it no one else can fill his shoes?

There will NEVER be anyone else like Kiefer Sutherland in the role of Jack Bauer (IF it ever comes to that.). And in the trailer to the new film (out April 21st) "The Sentinel," Kiefer plays a Secret Service agent and it looks like he brings Jack Bauer to the role, which is fine with me!

I hope he and the decision making TV/Film industry 'others' realize this is a franchise to be continued. Whether it be Kiefer as Jack Bauer on 24 or if there were a new show starring Jack Bauer, or if he goes to films as Jack Bauer or like in The Sentinel where he plays a character almost identical (from the way it looks) to Jack Bauer, the public will give it a look!

BTW, I'm always flooded with conflicting thoughts and mental images when I read or hear the name, Kiefer.

The title of a book, "Kaffir Boy" (Kaffir Boy is Mark Mathabane's 1986 autobiography about life under the South African apartheid regime. It focuses on the brutality of the apartheid system and how he escaped from it, and from the township of Alexandra, to become a well-known tennis player. He also depicted how the young black children dealt with persecution.).

Kiefer rhymes with reefer.

Then, a yoghurt-like dairy product comes to mind and I'm not sure why.

*****, wheezing, the Little Rascals' character (weezer) all get a nano-second's consideration, too.

I looked up the definition and got this:

Kiefer (botan.) - pine
Kiefer (anatom.) - jaw, mandible
FWIW.
America should know the political orientation of government officials who might be in a position to adversely influence the future of this country. http://tinyurl.com/4vucu5

abe
Professional Poster
Apr 2, 2006, 01:15 AM

What's going on with the 24 movie?
Nothing. As executive producer Howard Gordon told me in January (The Ausiello Report 1/26), one scenario being discussed called for the film to land in theaters prior to the start of Season 6, which meant production would need to begin immediately after Season 5 wraps in May. But a source at Twentieth Century Fox says that plan is off the table. "It's definitely not shooting this summer," whispers the insider. "The earliest it could theoretically be shot would be after the 2007 season." Speaking of 24, here’s a little prattle poop about this Monday's episode: Something major happens in the final minutes that will blow your mind. All I'll say is it's not a death and the aftershocks will be felt throughout this season's eight remaining episodes. It's huge, people. Huge!
http://www.tvguide.com/News/Ausiello...mDate=03312006

himself
Mac Elite
Apr 2, 2006, 02:34 AM

Originally Posted by abe
There will NEVER be anyone else like Kiefer Sutherland in the role of Jack Bauer (IF it ever comes to that.). And in the trailer to the new film (out April 21st) "The Sentinel," Kiefer plays a Secret Service agent and it looks like he brings Jack Bauer to the role, which is fine with me!
Well, President Palmer could have replaced Bauer, but he got his own unit instead.
"Bill Gates can't guarantee Windows... how can you guarantee my safety?"
-John Crichton

abe
Professional Poster
Apr 2, 2006, 02:40 AM

Originally Posted by himself
Well, President Palmer could have replaced Bauer, but he got his own unit instead.
http://forums.macnn.com/showthread.php?t=290740

http://forums.macnn.com/showthread.php?t=288330

There are some big fans of The Unit over in the P/L.

Lava Lamp Freak
Apr 4, 2006, 12:34 AM

So tonight was a ???

Yep, its gonna be another long week.

abe
Professional Poster
Apr 4, 2006, 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by Lava Lamp Freak
So tonight was a ???

Yep, its gonna be another long week.
I ALWAYS disliked and mistrusted that weasel!

as2
Mac Elite
Apr 4, 2006, 04:57 AM

So was he playing dumb at the start then with all the Walt Cummings crap?
[img=http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/1300/desktj.jpg]

abe
Professional Poster
Apr 4, 2006, 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by as2
So was he playing dumb at the start then with all the Walt Cummings crap?
Good question. I don't know. I speculate there's stuff we don't yet know which will make everything come into clearer focus. How's that for going out on a limb?

xi_hyperon
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 4, 2006, 11:54 AM

Ok, the ending delivered. I suspected the VP might be a red herring, but never saw it coming that Logan is behind it all. Owned once more by the writers.

I suspect Logan played dumb with Cummings because Cummings didn't know he was a part of the plot. Which would make sense if the chain of command is Logan --> Henderson --> Russian guy --> Cummings. I think. It's not all sorted out yet, so it's still a bit confusing.

The important thing is, Jack's death count has gone up yet again.

davesimondotcom
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 4, 2006, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by xi_hyperon
As has Wayne Palmer's...
[ sig removed - image host changed it to a big ad picture ]

Monique
Mac Elite
Apr 4, 2006, 05:13 PM

It is really close to the quality of MI5 and in MI5 the main characters have mostly disapears so I am not worry about the survival of 24 if Sutherland chooses to leave.

abe
Professional Poster
Apr 4, 2006, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by davesimondotcom
As has Wayne Palmer's...
Broke his cherry and even paused a moment to savor the feel, I might posit.

ThinkInsane
Moderator Emeritus
Apr 4, 2006, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by xi_hyperon
Ok, the ending delivered. I suspected the VP might be a red herring, but never saw it coming that Logan is behind it all. Owned once more by the writers.

I suspect Logan played dumb with Cummings because Cummings didn't know he was a part of the plot. Which would make sense if the chain of command is Logan --> Henderson --> Russian guy --> Cummings. I think. It's not all sorted out yet, so it's still a bit confusing.

I think you've got the chain of command wrong. Logan --> Robocop --> Cummings --> Russian Guy. Remember, Walt Cummings' plan was to detonate the canisters remotely once they made it back to the camp and kill Russian Guy. Good ending, but I only caught the last 20 minutes or so. I'll have to fire up the DVR to catch the beginning.
Nemo me impune lacesset

lavar78
Professional Poster
Apr 4, 2006, 07:40 PM

I thought it was kind of obvious, but it still worked. Shades of the Nina reveal in S1...

"I'm virtually bursting with adequatulence!" - Bill McNeal, NewsRadio

brapper
Professional Poster
Apr 5, 2006, 03:44 AM

Thank god it wasn't Aaron.

Monique
Mac Elite
Apr 5, 2006, 10:33 AM

That was kind of a surprise that it was the President. I just wonder what are his motives, it can hardly be power, and he is probably be more intelligent than we gave him credit for. But, he is still a weasel.

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Apr 5, 2006, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Monique
the President. I just wonder what are his motives, it can hardly be power
Exactly what I was wondering.
Restarting the cold war?

xi_hyperon
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 5, 2006, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by ThinkInsane
I think you've got the chain of command wrong. Logan --> Robocop --> Cummings --> Russian Guy. Remember, Walt Cummings' plan was to detonate the canisters remotely once they made it back to the camp and kill Russian Guy. Good ending, but I only caught the last 20 minutes or so. I'll have to fire up the DVR to catch the beginning.
You are correct, sir. Told you I was confused.

andreas_g4
Professional Poster
Apr 5, 2006, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by brapper
Thank god it wasn't Aaron.
Yep, Aaron is my favorite 24 character. I still hope he and Jack will accomplish something in team work once…

ThinkInsane
Moderator Emeritus
Apr 6, 2006, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by andreas_g4
Yep, Aaron is my favorite 24 character. I still hope he and Jack will accomplish something in team work once…
I've been thinking that too. Aaron Pierce is a great character. Seems like a good, decent guy with a devotion to duty. Looks like the type of guy that you would see coaching his kids little league team, but he won't hesitate to rock and roll and blow up a dudes flame thrower while he's still wearing it. I would have to say and some point, they are going to kill him off too.
Nemo me impune lacesset

stevesnj
Mac Elite
Apr 10, 2006, 06:26 PM

MacBook Pro 15" i7 ~ Snow Leopard ~ iPhone 4 - 16Gb

BlueSky
Mac Elite
Apr 10, 2006, 06:57 PM

There's an interview with Kiefer in this month's Rolling Stone.

he lives in the somewhat seedy Silver Lake district, in the vast, open expanse of a former iron foundry.
These days, the neighborhood he chooses to live in is predominantly Salvadoran, and at night there, walking his dog, a border collie named Molly, he's been held up with a gun pressed to his noggin. His place is huge, almost a quarter-acre in size, not cut up into rooms but left wide open, with only a half-wall to partition off the sleeping area. Showing me around, he says, "It took a while to get used to sleeping in a barn."

abe
Professional Poster
Apr 11, 2006, 12:16 AM

But that area of L.A. has a lovely fragrance of flowers in the air. I like that he's a down to earth guy.

Monique
Mac Elite
Apr 11, 2006, 10:34 AM

Still do not understand the motives behind Logan's treachery.

Maybe we will understand the Germans role behind all the seasons especially the first one.

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Apr 11, 2006, 10:41 AM

Cheers for that.

I read somewhere over the weekend that he's just signed up for three more seasons of 24.

Monique
Mac Elite
Apr 11, 2006, 11:03 AM

I am glad that he signed on for more seasons. Now if they could stop and kill more main characters, it would be nice. 3 of them are already dead; this is not the Jack Baur's hour.

Eug Wanker
Posting Junkie
Apr 11, 2006, 11:40 AM

Still do not understand the motives behind Logan's treachery.
Well, the assassination of Palmer wasn't Logan's idea. It was Henderson's, and he did it without Logan's consent IIRC (although Logan was made aware of it early on).

Logan was in on the Cummings plot all along, presumably for the same reasons that Cummings mentioned earlier in the season.

Stradlater
Professional Poster
Apr 11, 2006, 11:49 AM

I'm just not convinced by the transformation. Logan's personality did a 180; he should still give off that semblance of incompetence we saw earlier.

The actual action, though, is great fun as ever.
"You rise," he said, "like Aurora."

Monique
Mac Elite
Apr 11, 2006, 11:53 AM

5 hours to go now it is going to go really fast. Will the secretary of defence die or not?

BlueSky
Mac Elite
Apr 11, 2006, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by abe
But that area of L.A. has a lovely fragrance of flowers in the air. I like that he's a down to earth guy.
Me too. I know someone who lives in Silver Lake, don't see him much but I'll ask him if he knows where Kiefer lives one of these days.

the1sttransport
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 11, 2006, 08:19 PM

I love this season, and President Logan is definitely my favorite character this season.

That being said, I'm STILL on record as saying that Tony IS NOT DEAD!

I don't know how, but just when we least expect it the show will cut to a hospital, a body bag will twitch, the doctor will gasp, proclaim "This person's still alive!"

The next week Tony kicks all kinds of german/Logan butt.

vinster
Senior User
Apr 11, 2006, 08:27 PM

5 hours to go now it is going to go really fast. Will the secretary of defence die or not?
Actually there are 7 hours left this season.

Forum Links
Forum Rules