Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > 24 Season Five

24 Season Five (Page 4)
davesimondotcom
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 11, 2006, 08:31 PM

No, Tony is as dead as Edgar.

I could see Chase making an appearance, sometime. Maybe.

What I don't understand is why two (and presumably three) people in the bank didn't think, "Hey, we could play the tape over the phone to our own voicemail. Once it's there, we can forward it to whomever we need to."

No, instead, like the Net or Hackers, they are going with the "recording device that somehow isn't copyable" plot device.
[ sig removed - image host changed it to a big ad picture ]

starman
Clinically Insane
Apr 11, 2006, 09:19 PM

They'd want the original.

Home - Twitter - Sig Wall-Retired - Flickr

davesimondotcom
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 11, 2006, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by starman
They'd want the original.
But a copy is some life insurance, I would think.

Or how about this, make a copy and then drop one in a mailbox...

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Apr 11, 2006, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by davesimondotcom
No, Tony is as dead as Edgar.
Edgar is not dead. He's simply sleeping. Actually, he's waiting. Just like Chuck taught him to do.
Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.

abe
Professional Poster
Apr 12, 2006, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by davesimondotcom
But a copy is some life insurance, I would think.

Or how about this, make a copy and then drop one in a mailbox...
Then, instead of calling the show "24" they'd have to call it "17."

Dramatic license is taken but they do it smartly.
America should know the political orientation of government officials who might be in a position to adversely influence the future of this country. http://tinyurl.com/4vucu5

PookJP
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 13, 2006, 03:19 AM

Logan?!!
It's the devil's way now.

abe
Professional Poster
Apr 13, 2006, 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by PookJP
Logan?!!
So it appears! But who the hell knows for sure?
America should know the political orientation of government officials who might be in a position to adversely influence the future of this country. http://tinyurl.com/4vucu5

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Apr 13, 2006, 04:31 AM

Film confirmed.
http://us.imdb.com/news/wenn/ (near bottom of page)

greenamp  (op)
Mac Elite
Apr 13, 2006, 11:02 AM

I'm not really sure if 24 can translate well to the big screen.

davesimondotcom
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 13, 2006, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by greenamp
I'm not really sure if 24 can translate well to the big screen.
If they ditch the realtime aspect, it'll just be another action movie.

But I don't understand why they would ditch it. Just make it a 2 hour crisis. Not a 24 hour one. After 5 days in his life like this, Jack deserves a short assignment.

lavar78
Professional Poster
Apr 13, 2006, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Stradlater
I'm just not convinced by the transformation. Logan's personality did a 180; he should still give off that semblance of incompetence we saw earlier.
See, I think they sold it really well. As he admitted, everything is spiraling out of control. His conversations with Henderson are filled with half-hearted threats and his usual whining.

"I'm virtually bursting with adequatulence!" - Bill McNeal, NewsRadio

abe
Professional Poster
Apr 18, 2006, 12:32 AM

Aaron is a good man to have watching your back, and so is Mike Novick. And let's give a few props to Chloe O' Brian. Smart as a whip and nice trim form figure with a perpetual 'chip-on-her-shoulder' expression on her face. I like her more than Kim Bauer.

Dru383
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 19, 2006, 12:42 AM

wasnt there supposed to be a 24 movie coming out? anyone heard about it?

MaxPower2k3
Mac Elite
Apr 19, 2006, 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by cul--de--sac
wasnt there supposed to be a 24 movie coming out? anyone heard about it?
that'd be one long movie, unless they just call it "2" or something

"I start fires!"

Dru383
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 19, 2006, 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by MaxPower2k3
that'd be one long movie, unless they just call it "2" or something

LOl yeah sitting through yet another 24 hours of bauer's life

GFitzy
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 19, 2006, 11:12 AM

possible filming in 2007 with 2008 release for the movie . . . . .

http://www.cinematical.com/2006/04/0...-24-the-movie/

-gfitzy

abe
Professional Poster
Apr 19, 2006, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by GFitzy
possible filming in 2007 with 2008 release for the movie . . . . .

http://www.cinematical.com/2006/04/0...-24-the-movie/

-gfitzy
And even though we may look askance at the prospect of such a film, we'll all be inclined to pay to see it.

Monique
Mac Elite
Apr 20, 2006, 10:36 AM

It would be interesting if they would not end this season on tv but finished it in a movie.

abe
Professional Poster
Apr 20, 2006, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Monique
It would be interesting if they would not end this season on tv but finished it in a movie.
That would be like holding this season hostage and the only way we can get the resolution is by buying a ticket to the flick.

HAHA!

Good idea.

sabrejim
Apr 20, 2006, 01:18 PM

They should do the movie not in real time. Do it in twelvth time!!! Speed everything up. It would rock socks

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Apr 20, 2006, 02:34 PM

Screw that. Do you know how long it'd be until we saw the end of the season on this side of the pond if that were to happen?

Stradlater
Professional Poster
Apr 20, 2006, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Doofy
Screw that. Do you know how long it'd be until we saw the end of the season on this side of the pond if that were to happen?
Some torrent sites are faster than others.
"You rise," he said, "like Aurora."

ThinkInsane
Moderator Emeritus
Apr 25, 2006, 11:13 AM

Okay, so any guess on who is controlling Logan? Is it ze Germans? Mr. Bluetooth Headset Guy didn't sound German.

And I bet Sec. Heller now wishes he'd listened to Jack in the first place. Why don't people listen to Jack? *shakes head sadly*
Nemo me impune lacesset

xi_hyperon
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 25, 2006, 11:36 AM

I'll catch it tonight. They pre-empted Prison Break and 24 on our Fox station, in favor of non-stop weather bulletins.

greenamp  (op)
Mac Elite
Apr 25, 2006, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by ThinkInsane
Okay, so any guess on who is controlling Logan? Is it ze Germans? Mr. Bluetooth Headset Guy didn't sound German.

And I bet Sec. Heller now wishes he'd listened to Jack in the first place. Why don't people listen to Jack? *shakes head sadly*
Whoever he is, he mentioned they started this 18 months ago. So they whole deal last season with AF1 getting shot down, and Logan taking office, was all part of this plan. Crazy.

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Apr 25, 2006, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by greenamp
Whoever he is, he mentioned they started this 18 months ago. So they whole deal last season with AF1 getting shot down, and Logan taking office, was all part of this plan. Crazy.
Good spot!

sabrejim
Apr 25, 2006, 01:23 PM

So does this mean that it's bigger than activating the gas while the terrorists had it. Cause that would be a pretty lame conspiracy to use Logan. Oooooh maybe it all goes back toJack again, like the first season.

yakkiebah
Mac Elite
Apr 25, 2006, 02:20 PM

There were cars with British, American, French and German flags at the airport. Just from the looks of it i think all these people were diplomats.

Edited: i just think these flags were done to make it clear it's an international conspiracy instead of a national one.
( Last edited by yakkiebah; Apr 25, 2006 at 02:42 PM. )

Monique
Mac Elite
Apr 25, 2006, 02:53 PM

Isn't Jack going to be a tad cold in the cargo? And will CTU sees the error of their ways and go on the right side?

Maybe we will know who is really behind it all and stop having new bad guys every time I am listening to 24. If I understood it well, oil people are behind it.

yakkiebah
Mac Elite
Apr 25, 2006, 03:03 PM

Isn't Jack going to be a tad cold in the cargo? And will CTU sees the error of their ways and go on the right side?

Maybe we will know who is really behind it all and stop having new bad guys every time I am listening to 24. If I understood it well, oil people are behind it.
Well the "oil people" are an international bunch. It looks like they're moving to a point where it becomes clear that all of it is bigger then just Logan/US gov.

abe
Professional Poster
Apr 26, 2006, 02:31 AM

BTW, I heard today that Chloe O' Brien has been re-signed for the next season of 24!

himself
Mac Elite
Apr 26, 2006, 06:59 AM

Chloe O'Brien controls the universe from a laptop.
"Bill Gates can't guarantee Windows... how can you guarantee my safety?"
-John Crichton

starman
Clinically Insane
Apr 26, 2006, 08:16 AM

And yet....we still haven't seen that brunette chick this season. SHE'S the one controlling it all. Buahahhahahah!

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Apr 26, 2006, 09:17 AM

And yet....we still haven't seen that brunette chick this season. SHE'S the one controlling it all. Buahahhahahah!

What brunette chick?

starman
Clinically Insane
Apr 26, 2006, 09:29 AM

What brunette chick?
The one who shows up in every season (except this one so far). She blew up the plane in season 1, gave Palmer "the handshake" in S2.

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Apr 26, 2006, 09:32 AM

The one who shows up in every season (except this one so far). She blew up the plane in season 1, gave Palmer "the handshake" in S2.
Mandy? I thought Jack had locked her up somewhere near the end of S4? I can't remember if he ripped her presidential pardon up or not.

xi_hyperon
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 26, 2006, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by abe
BTW, I heard today that Chloe O' Brien has been re-signed for the next season of 24!
There was an article about the actress, Mary Lynn Rajskub, as well as an interview with her, in Monday's USA Today. She's not only cute, but intelligent and rather modest as well.

greenamp  (op)
Mac Elite
Apr 26, 2006, 09:50 AM

Jack: Chloe I need to launch codes to the USS Enterprise right now!

Chloe: Jack i can't, Enterprise is not real...

Jack: CHLOE I NEED...

Chloe: Ok I'll get them, but it's gonna take me a few minutes to break the firewall...

abe
Professional Poster
Apr 26, 2006, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by xi_hyperon
There was an article about the actress, Mary Lynn Rajskub, as well as an interview with her, in Monday's USA Today. She's not only cute, but intelligent and rather modest as well.
http://www.nndb.com/people/027/000024952/
Fact Sheet

With a quiet exterior and a unique array of facial expressions that hint at something hilarious simmering beneath the surface, actress/comedian Mary Lynn Rajskub has come a long way since joining the cast of Mr. Show back in 1995.
A Detroit native whose entry into the comedy scene wasn't entirely intentional, the former performance artist decided to try her hand at humor when a non-comedic performance at the San Francisco Art Institute elicited unexpected laughs from the audience. Subsequently realizing the absurdity inherent in overly serious performance art, Rajskub soon adjusted her act to become a parody of performance art. The unique take on live comedy quickly caught on with audiences, and shortly thereafter, Rajskub was approached by Bob Odenkirk and David Cross and asked to join the cast of their upcoming HBO stream-of-consciousness comedy series Mr. Show. A somewhat bitter falling out with series co-creator Cross found Rajskub departing from the series after a year to take a job at Seattle's Best Coffee, but her career as a caffeine dealer would quickly come to an end when Garry Shandling caught wind of her act.

Subsequently cast as the enthusiastic but somewhat awkward talent booker on The Larry Sanders Show, Rajskub also began to branch out into feature territory with supporting roles in such films as Bury Me in Kern County and the mockumentary The Thin Pink Line (both 1998). Blink-and-you'll-miss-her roles in such high-profile releases as Man on the Moon and Road Trip were quick to follow, with a small but memorable turn as a bubble-wrapped cult member in Dude, Where's My Car? preceding yet another fleeting appearance in the "Fiction" segment of director Todd Solondz's Storytelling.

By this point, Rajskub had expanded her presence on television with a recurring role in Veronica's Closet, and after appearing with Girls Guitar Club bandmate Karen Kilgariff in the independent drama The Anniversary Party, she made a move back to the small screen with the ill-fated sketch comedy series The Downer Channel. If that series didn't last long, Rajskub didn't need to worry since appearances in such features as Punch-Drunk Love, Sweet Home Alabama, and Legally Blonde 2 found her slowly drifting toward more substantial roles on the silver screen. After becoming a frequent player in the 2003-2004 season of the wildly popular television series 24, Rajskub took an ominous turn with her role as Lynette "Squeaky" Fromme in the 2004 made-for-television remake Helter Skelter.
http://www.tv.com/mary-lynn-rajskub/...biography.html

Eug Wanker
Posting Junkie
Location: Dangling something in the water… of the Arabian Sea
Apr 27, 2006, 12:12 PM

What brunette chick?
Yet another fine Canadian...

xi_hyperon
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 27, 2006, 12:58 PM

Ok, saw if finally last night. I suspected Heller would bite it, in the fine tradition of those who betray Jack. I just didn't expect it to be in the manner in which it occurred.

Hope Aaron is ok; he's one of my favorite characters.

ThinkInsane
Moderator Emeritus
May 2, 2006, 11:32 AM

Sat down with a pizza and a six pack of dogfish head last night to watch, and I have to say, good episode. Here's my prediction: Jack doesn't get the evidence out, but the first lady does.

God, Logan's such a ****in' weasel. I would like to punch that man in the grill.
Nemo me impune lacesset

Eug Wanker
Posting Junkie
Location: Dangling something in the water… of the Arabian Sea
May 2, 2006, 11:45 AM

Sat down with a pizza and a six pack of dogfish head last night to watch, and I have to say, good episode. Here's my prediction: Jack doesn't get the evidence out, but the first lady does.

God, Logan's such a ****in' weasel. I would like to punch that man in the grill.
Apparently, fans around the world think that too, so much so that when they see Gregory Itzin (Logan) in the flesh, they criticize him. He's good friends with Dennis Haysbert (Palmer), and when they're together Haysbert says he often needs to defend Itzin... "He's just an actor in a TV role, and actually he's a really nice guy."

Anyways, yeah, it was a great episode. I really look forward to the last 4 episodes of this season.

Monique
Mac Elite
May 2, 2006, 01:39 PM

The opinion you have of that character shows how good an actor he is and it is ashame that people are not able to seperate the 2.

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
May 2, 2006, 04:10 PM

I liked how Chloe handled that drunk dude at the bar.
"I can show you how to get free wi-fi." - **ZAP!!**

What if logan decides to pardon himself?
Jack - "Mr. President. Who are the people you are working with?"
Logan - "I won't tell you anything until I get a pardon signed by president! Oh wait, nevermind."

Slick shoes?! Are you crazy?!

xi_hyperon
Addicted to MacNN
May 2, 2006, 05:10 PM

That's Jack's job.

Favorite line:

"How did you know it's mine?"
"Ticket stub." *GUT PUNCH*

So far, this has been the best season for 24, in my most humble opinion. Can't wait to see what kind of twists the last few hours bring.

abe
Professional Poster
May 2, 2006, 07:51 PM

The opinion you have of that character shows how good an actor he is and it is ashame that people are not able to seperate the 2.
Some people are fuzzy brained that way.

ThinkInsane
Moderator Emeritus
May 2, 2006, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by Eug Wanker
Apparently, fans around the world think that too, so much so that when they see Gregory Itzin (Logan) in the flesh, they criticize him. He's good friends with Dennis Haysbert (Palmer), and when they're together Haysbert says he often needs to defend Itzin... "He's just an actor in a TV role, and actually he's a really nice guy."

Anyways, yeah, it was a great episode. I really look forward to the last 4 episodes of this season.
That's funny that palmer has to defend the guy that sanctioned his execution

I'm pretty interested as well to see where these last four episodes are heading. Should be good stuff me thinks..

I hope you aren't implying that I have trouble telling the difference between fantasy and reality young lady, cuz I don't!

Originally Posted by Stogieman
I liked how Chloe handled that drunk dude at the bar.
"I can show you how to get free wi-fi." - **ZAP!!**

What if logan decides to pardon himself?
Jack - "Mr. President. Who are the people you are working with?"
Logan - "I won't tell you anything until I get a pardon signed by president! Oh wait, nevermind."
Chloe redeemed herself in my eyes with that stun gun bit. I love how she went from being all bimbo "Can you show me how" to lighting him up and changed her expression right back to business as usual. Nicely done Agent O'Brien, nicely done.

That's Jack's job.

Favorite line:

"How did you know it's mine?"
"Ticket stub." *GUT PUNCH*

So far, this has been the best season for 24, in my most humble opinion. Can't wait to see what kind of twists the last few hours bring.
I think I liked season 3 the best, although admittedly I haven't finished watching it yet. But i dig the story line in season 3, and I like the fact that the big emergency was a setup for a sting operation. I would like to see next season be along those lines, maybe not a sting, but not every investigation needs to be a nuclear weapon or a nerve gas attack. Stop a suicide bomber or something and show how they work that kind of case. Maybe see more of the cop side of CTU.

And for the record, I would counsel anyone who is just starting to watch the show not to try and watch five seasons at once. It can get a might confusing. Damn you A&E and Superstation WGN, damn you and your irresistible syndicate 24 episodes.

Originally Posted by abe
Some people are fuzzy brained that way.
Please leave that fuzzy junk in the Pol Lounge. I'm just saying...
Nemo me impune lacesset

andreas_g4
Professional Poster
May 3, 2006, 07:26 PM

seconded. I liked them all, and when one is not whining about too short travel times or that Jack never takes a piss (who want's to see that anyway), 24 rocks more than any other show. I think it is pretty amazing that they still can raise the bar. However, IMHO they should go back to a smaller, season 1 like plot in the next season, Jack centric of course. (the Chinese?)

And i think I will try to watch the last four episodes in a row. love Bittorrent…

xi_hyperon
Addicted to MacNN
May 3, 2006, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by andreas_g4
when one is not whining about too short travel times or that Jack never takes a piss (who want's to see that anyway)
Heh.

*countdown timer*
- Cut to scene of Jack reading a newspaper in the stall
- 10 minutes pass; Jack walks out of stall, tosses newspaper in the trash
*countdown timer - cut to commercial*

Forum Links
Forum Rules