Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > It's official: Tiger is a disaster

It's official: Tiger is a disaster
timmerk
Mac Elite
Jul 4, 2005, 04:31 PM

Tiger is full of bugs, more then 10.3 had. It's slow, and only get slower as everyone has posted. Spotlight is slow, and we can't even search by filename all over the system anymore. Dashboard is bloated and ugly. More and more apps are losing advanced options. The Finder sucks with all of it's bugs, and no options to open windows without the gay sidebar and top toolbar by default. There is no standard GUI. Brush metal is dumb.

Oh, Apple. What have you become. OS X is becoming a bloated piece of crap, and doesn't even have advanced customization options for pros. Please stop making OS X only for retards and grandmas. I am getting fed up because I know OS X is still the best out there, so I can't switch to anything else, but it's getting worse, when I know it could be so much better.

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Jul 4, 2005, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by timmerk
Tiger is full of bugs, more then 10.3 had.
I don't see it being replete with bugs; in fact, I have experienced very few problems. The most annoying Tiger bug I have encountered so far is a slight cosmetic one pertaining to resolution changes with FUS. And let's recall the fact that 10.3 had the mother of all bugs - the Firewire drive-wipe.
It's slow, and only get slower as everyone has posted. Spotlight is slow, and we can't even search by filename all over the system anymore.
It doesn't seem slow to me on my DP 2.0. And Spotlight functions as advertised here. Are you aware that keywords put in quotes search for file names? Oh, and, you should know that Panther Find did not by default search within system folders, either.

Dashboard is bloated and ugly.
Many of us find Dashboard very useful. Those who do not don't have to use it. Drag it out of the Dock and don't activate it.
More and more apps are losing advanced options.
Say what now? Just what have you been smoking, tim? What applications have lost their advanced features? Apple applications or third party applications? And how are application feature sets at all at issue in this discussion? We're talking about the OS here.
The Finder sucks with all of it's bugs, and no options to open windows without the gay sidebar and top toolbar by default.
Everything you've just said could also be said about Panther. Moreover, IMO, Tiger's Finder really isn't that bad. Granted, it is essentially unchanged, but so far for me it does not seem to be as annoying to use. And the fact that it's basically the same as Panther's Finder means your beef is more with OS X than Tiger.

There is no standard GUI. Brush metal is dumb.
Probably your only substantive complaint, but again, you could have said the same thing about Panther.

Oh, Apple. What have you become. OS X is becoming a bloated piece of crap, and doesn't even have advanced customization options for pros. Please stop making OS X only for retards and grandmas. I am getting fed up because I know OS X is still the best out there, so I can't switch to anything else, but it's getting worse, when I know it could be so much better.
Retards and Grandmas, huh? Yawn.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

fisherKing
Professional Poster
Jul 4, 2005, 05:40 PM

funny, my gay, retarded grandma uses a pc...

everyone's experience, with every os ever mentioned on these forums, is different.
personally, overall, i am happier with tiger than previous os x'es; your mileage may vary.

but sorry u r having problems.

explore them, ask questions here, look for solutions
(instead of whining about things)

just a suggestion...
"At first, there was Nothing. Then Nothing inverted itself and became Something.
And that is what you all are: inverted Nothings...with potential" (Sun Ra)

Horsepoo!!!
Banned
Jul 4, 2005, 06:42 PM

OMG, IT'S OFFICIAL, GUYS.

SMacTech
Mac Elite
Jul 4, 2005, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Horsepoo!!!
OMG, IT'S OFFICIAL, GUYS.
One poster in another thread says it is only for aristocratic unix geeks, another for grammas.

beno
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 4, 2005, 06:59 PM

... the gay sidebar ...
How can a piece of software be gay? Is your sidebar having sex with other sidebars?

Ben

moreno
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 4, 2005, 07:10 PM

Tiger is full of bugs, more then 10.3 had. It's slow, and only get slower as everyone has posted. Spotlight is slow, and we can't even search by filename all over the system anymore. Dashboard is bloated and ugly. More and more apps are losing advanced options. The Finder sucks with all of it's bugs, and no options to open windows without the gay sidebar and top toolbar by default. There is no standard GUI. Brush metal is dumb.

digital_dreamer
Jul 4, 2005, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by beno
How can a piece of software be gay? Is your sidebar having sex with other sidebars?

Ben

At least they're gay, otherwise we'd have a proliferation of sidebars everywhere.

regards,
MAJ

wtmcgee
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 4, 2005, 07:19 PM

worst...thread...ever.

CatOne
Mac Elite
Jul 4, 2005, 07:29 PM

It's official. timmerk rode to school on the short bus.

ManOfSteal
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 4, 2005, 07:30 PM

(in that order)

sanity assassin
Mac Elite
Jul 4, 2005, 07:46 PM

I've also found it fairly buggy and slow in certain areas. I get the beachball of doom more than I ever dud in Panther.

Tiger is cool, lots of useful features, but they do need to work on getting it less buggy.
Rockstar Games - better than reality.

Detrius
Professional Poster
Jul 4, 2005, 08:01 PM

...the gay sidebar...retards and grandmas...
Are you trying to nominate yourself for bannination? I really can't tell. You started a thread that had nothing but insults to various groups of people, while claiming to be the authority on Tiger's suckiness, but offering no input or questions.

I'm tempted to leave the thread open because the responses bashing your incredible ignorance and stupidity are freaking hilarious.

Clearly, you are anti-women's equality, disrespect age, and can't understand anyone having an opinion different from yours.

I can't believe I wasted my time giving you a response.
ACSA 10.4/10.3, ACTC 10.3, ACHDS 10.3

Forum Links
Forum Rules