Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > PowerMate and OmniWeb ??

PowerMate and OmniWeb ??
Jens Peter
Senior User
Oct 2, 2002, 01:58 PM

Hi!

I have a PowerMate from Griffin technology, and I just started using OmniWeb instead of InternetExplorer. But I can't seem to get the powermate to work in omniWeb. I have of course made a new setting, but it's like it just forgets that setting... Any suggestions?

Jens Peter

G4ME
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 2, 2002, 05:31 PM

I have seen this around, seems cool, I have some questions, with spining the scroll wheel can you set it to one action IE turn volume in itunes up even though you are surfing the internet without switching applications. and and you assing the click botton to switch between applications, (apple tab)?

since i don't have it I can't comment on your problem, although i have had the same problem with my logictech mouse, it kept forgeting the key strokes i assinged to the thumb button and th scroll wheel, although it had seemed to have solved it self, hasn't done it in over couple weeks

I GOT WASTED WITH PHIL SHERRY!!!

Jens Peter  (op)
Senior User
Oct 2, 2002, 06:11 PM

You can have it (The powermate) set up for ex scroll in internet explorer (IE), and control the volume in itunes. You can't chance the sound in itunes when browsing the web with IE. Then you have to change to iTunes. I can make the click-action to cmd+tab, but then I have to have a setting for all my programs, where click-action is cmd+tab. When I change to IE and click, my click-action is configured to go one page back. And so that's what happens. If I change that behavior to cmd+tab, then it works as cmd+tab.

The software don't know when you scroll the wheel in IE, that you actually want to fire up that great song playing in iTunes. You have to tell it that, by changing to iTunes.

Please excuse me if it's confusing - it's a bit late where I am..

Jens Peter

scaught
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 2, 2002, 07:35 PM

Originally posted by Jens Peter:
Hi!

I have a PowerMate from Griffin technology, and I just started using OmniWeb instead of InternetExplorer. But I can't seem to get the powermate to work in omniWeb. I have of course made a new setting, but it's like it just forgets that setting... Any suggestions?

Jens Peter
hmm. i dont have any issues with it. do you have the latest powermate driver software?

Forum Links
Forum Rules