Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Simple 17" Battery Question

Simple 17" Battery Question
gururafiki
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 31, 2003, 07:06 PM

How long does it take to charge the 17" battery when you first get it?

AssassyN
Professional Poster
Mar 31, 2003, 07:08 PM

I would imagine each batter is going to be slightly different considering not all battery will come w/ the same amount of charge, but you'll know it's fully charged with the light ring changes colors.
5G 60GB video iPod
512MB iPod Shuffle
Westone UM1 Canalphones

gururafiki  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 31, 2003, 07:27 PM

Originally posted by AssassyN:
I would imagine each batter is going to be slightly different considering not all battery will come w/ the same amount of charge, but you'll know it's fully charged with the light ring changes colors.
If the battery is depleted, how long does it take?

mgehman
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 31, 2003, 08:08 PM

After running it dry to condition it, it took 2 hours and change to recharge fully. The time on a single charge seems to be about 2 1/2 hours of mixed use. Not as much as my previous Ti 1GHz but pretty good. I want to purchase a 2nd battery but can't find it in stock anywhere. Anybody know of in-stock batteries anywhere. Thanks
"The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck is probably the day they start making vacuum cleaners."
- Ernst Jan Plugge
MacBook Pro 2.33GHzDC 3GB RAM

nobitacu
Mac Elite
Mar 31, 2003, 08:15 PM

yea, it's about 2 hours or so...

Ming
A Proud Mac User Since: 03/24/03
Apple Computer: MacBook 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 3 GB Memory, 120 GB HD

evansus
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 31, 2003, 10:41 PM

I've got a 500 Mhz TiBook and it only gives me an hour on a good day... That's with the screen at 50% or less, airport, and web usage/chat. If the later rev TiBooks get more, I'm impressed... but needless to say I'm well overdue for the upgrade to a 17"! Good thing it comes in 2 days

gururafiki  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 1, 2003, 12:38 AM

Originally posted by evansus:
I've got a 500 Mhz TiBook and it only gives me an hour on a good day... That's with the screen at 50% or less, airport, and web usage/chat. If the later rev TiBooks get more, I'm impressed... but needless to say I'm well overdue for the upgrade to a 17"! Good thing it comes in 2 days
1 hour!! Thats insane! How long have you have the computer! I bet you only need a new battery, not a new computer.

evansus
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 1, 2003, 01:04 AM

It's a year and a half old, so yes, the battery is the problem. But it's also slow and has other major problems - the screen has lines and the cd drive stopped working altogether. Luckily this computer belongs to work, and school requires a laptop (that works ), so I can return this computer for my boss to get repaired and pass along to one of my co-workers ( who is a pc-user interested in learning more about Macs ), and I'm getting a new one with my student loan... works out great for me, until I graduate and have to pay for it....

--

Powerbook 17 on the way from Anchorage, AK... get here safe baby!

Forum Links
Forum Rules