Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Power Cable Woes

Power Cable Woes
Fawad
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 11, 2003, 12:14 PM

Hi All,

I got my 12" PB in February.. and it's been working like a gem (No problems, as others have gotten, eg. dead pixels, lid not closing, wobble, etc.) But over the last few weeks my portable power cable has been acting up. Sometimes Ill plug it in, and the amber light wont come up.. What Id do then is plug it into another socket, and it'd work.. However, this problem is becoming more and more frequent (And I suspect there is something wrong with the cord) Right now Ive tried sticking it into 4-different outlets, and it's still not charging my powerbook, the light doesnt turn up or anything (There's nothing wrong with my laptop as Ive plugged in my friend's powercable and it works fine). Any suggestions what I might do.. Should I open it up or call Apple? It costs over 109euro in Ireland to buy a new one.. something I dont want to have to do. Especially since it's barely 4months old.

Thanks
-Fawad

killer_735
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 11, 2003, 01:01 PM

Call Apple..completely. They should replace it no problem. Unfortunately, you may have to wait a week or two...during which time you'd be without a power cable.
"Leave it. Leave it, it's fine. It's fine. I WILL DESTROY YOU!" -Morbo

Forum Links
Forum Rules