Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > HELP: iMovie movies to Toast Video CD

HELP: iMovie movies to Toast Video CD
abundrefo
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 1, 2003, 03:18 AM

Hi,

I'm having problems to export iMovie movies to Toast Video CD.
I'm using iMovie 3.0.3 and Toast Titanium 5.1.1 and I don't have a superdrive.

This is what I do:
1- Export - "export to quicktime"; formats - Expert Settings
2- I click export and another window opens: "save as", "where", "export" and
"use".
3- In "export" I choose "Movie to Toast Video CD" and click "save"
4- This is when I get this message: "This preview version of Toast Video CD has expired"
...and I can't export!!!

I have also tried this:
1- Export mivie to Quicktime: "Full Quality DV"
2- I open Toast Titanium and click "Other"
3- I drag the Quicktime file and these options appear: "Format: NTSC 29,97 fps"; "image: fit" and "mode: normal".
4- I click OK and the "Save Video CD Stream as:" window appears, and I click OK.
5- I get this message again: "This preview version of Toast Video CD has expired"

What does it mean "This preview version of Toast Video CD has expired"?
How do I get Toast Titanium 5.1.1 to record a VCD from an iMovie file?

I got myself a copy of the "Digital Hub" MacWorld special issue.
On page 31, there is a lot of "step-by-step" information.

I have both the iMovie and Toast Titanium 5 softwares, but the screenshot of the "Export Movie" window show different options than the ones that appear when I export a movie using my sofwares versions (iMovie 3.0.3/Toast Titanium 5.1.1).

On MacWorld's "Digital Hub" iMovies' export to Quicktime window: Formats - web movie, small/email movie, small/streaming web movie, small/CD-ROM movie, medium/Full Quality, large/Toast Video CD (NTSC)/Toast Video CD (PAL)/Expert

On my iMovie version's export to Quicktime window I have: e-mail/web/web-treaming/CD-ROM/Full Quality DV/Expret Settings...

Why?
Different softwares versions?
What should I do to get Toast Titanium 5.1.1 to record a VCD from an iMovie file?

Can I upgrade it on the internet? link?
Is there a way to do it without having to upgrade Toast Titanium to 5.2?
What is the latest version? 5.3?

Thanks.

abundrefo
Playing the groove is like driving a fancy car: you drive slowly so all the people can check you out. - Wynton Marsalis.

bbales
Mac Elite
Aug 1, 2003, 10:30 AM

Well, I wrote you a reply and it didn't take!

I am not at all positive, but I BELIEVE you need to have a patch from Roxio (who of course makes Toast.) This was an issue probably 18 months ago - I think the preview feature that expired, did so in January of '02. (At least it did for me -- b/c that was right around the time I got Toast.)

The newest version is 5.2.1, I believe. In any case, try the Roxio web site -- probably the FAQs or other info there can help you.

And making the VCD is pretty slick. I had no trouble converting my imovie into a VCD that plays on our home DVD player. As it's of one of my kids, she loves it!

Hope this helps.

Weezer
Mac Elite
Aug 1, 2003, 01:45 PM

Forum Links
Forum Rules