Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Best Buy selling Macs again, anyone know where?

Best Buy selling Macs again, anyone know where?
King Bob On The Cob
Mac Elite
Aug 4, 2003, 04:38 AM

See topic.
If you see them at your local location, post to let us less fortunate souls that live further from them and can't drive to them every week can know.
Pretty Please?

AssassyN
Professional Poster
Aug 4, 2003, 09:14 AM

I've heard that Asheville, NC will be selling them...I'm hoping to find out soon if Greenville, NC will be as well.
5G 60GB video iPod
512MB iPod Shuffle
Westone UM1 Canalphones

Paco500
Professional Poster
Aug 4, 2003, 09:50 AM

I saw them this weekend in Ashburn (or perhaps Sterling) Virginia- in the Best Buy behind Dulles Town Center Mall.

The Setup they have is destined to fail- they are all lumped together at the end of the row of desktops- away from everything else. I was there mouch longer than I would have liked, as I was waiting for help (counldn't find what I needed) and I didn't see one person look at the Macs or one sales person mention them. They just aren't noticeable.

I hope Apple gets in these stores and teaches them how to sell them.

mitchell_pgh
Posting Junkie
Aug 4, 2003, 10:13 AM

Our local BB doesn't have them (Arlington VA)... I was talking to the department head for the computer department (24 year old guy) said that he didn't want to see macs because it might confuse customers and take too long to sell...

Taking a long time tends to hinder attachment sales (laptop bag, surge protector, etc.) I did mention that they might make more profit off of the computers and he was then more interested, but generally he didn't seem interested.

Other sales people were blatantly against Apple Computers and Macs in general. "Macs are for CAD and Design work?"

UGH, good luck... If Apple doesn't get into this with their own sales force (or have Best Buy hire Mac people to push them), this isn't going to work.

gorickey
Posting Junkie
Aug 4, 2003, 10:44 AM

I saw them this weekend at the Best Buy located off of Golf Rd. in Schaumburg, IL...very poor set-up and "homemade" price signs didn't help me locate them very easily...

You can also find all Apple laptops on Best Buy's web-site...

AB^2=BCxAC
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 4, 2003, 10:47 AM

Best Buy on 23rd and 6th Ave in NYC has Macs now, and more people were checking them out than the regular PCs on Friday.

Of note: none of the staff new anything about Macs and couldn't answer a single question.
"I stand accused, just like you, for being born without a silver spoon." Richard Ashcroft

mitchell_pgh
Posting Junkie
Aug 4, 2003, 11:27 AM

I WANT our BB to get Macs so I can sell the hell out of them... I bet I could pump out 5 a day with little or no trouble...

But many people are cheap bastards and literally go around with the little price tags trying to find the cheapest computer.

Forum Links
Forum Rules