Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > 15" AL with iSkin Keyboard Protector - Testimonial

15" AL with iSkin Keyboard Protector - Testimonial
mainemanx
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 25, 2003, 11:56 AM

Merry Christmas! Christmas morning and what do I find? My 15" Aluminum PowerBook has received its own present ... an iSkin Keyboard Protector! After some iced tea had previously found its way into my iBook keyboard, I decided "discretion is the better part ...."

Opinion:
1. It fits better than expected ... looks like it will do the job ... tight fit all around the edges. But now I'm worried about those speaker grilles
2. Flexible ... not as intrusive as I thought it would be (note my philosophy of having low expectations).
3. It will take some getting used to ... but with the expected reduction in cat hair, grit, and other bits ... not-to-mention iced tea ... a worthwhile purchase.

Ordered direct from iSkin.com ... 'though somewhat expensive, fast ship, at least to Maine, from Toronto.

P.S. But I still haven't found a stand, criteria: well-made, mobile, angles the keyboard 10 degrees or so ...
( Last edited by mainemanx; Dec 25, 2003 at 12:41 PM. )
HWMO: 2.5gHz DP G5, 1.25 gHz 15" AL PB, 1st Gen iPod, Shuffle
SWMBO: 0.8 gHz 15" FP iMac, 0.5 gHz iBook, 3rd Gen iPod, Shuffle

Forum Links
Forum Rules