Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > [ANN] -- Ambrosia releases el Ballo; get your funk on!

[ANN] -- Ambrosia releases el Ballo; get your funk on!
moki
Ambrosia - el Presidente
Sep 20, 2005, 08:26 PM

Rochester, NY -- September 19, 2005 -- Today Ambrosia announced the release of a game that dances to the beat of a different drummer: el Ballo. This soon-to-be-hero jumps on the scene, naked and dirty. (Not dirty in the dirty way, but in the dirty way... Ahem.) On planet Testicular, where clothes are out of fashion and soap never was in, he is having a rough day. Entering the forest to find a gift for his girlfriend, the weather turns from a beautiful morning into a hailstorm of invasion. The evil Dr. Cough has other plans for today: a planet-wide hygiene operation.

Download el Ballo now here:

http://www.ambrosiasw.com/games/elballo/

Andrew Welch / el Presidente / Ambrosia Software, Inc.

Horsepoo!!!
Banned
Sep 21, 2005, 03:18 PM

It's got style...it's got humor. But I find that it's a bit sloppy. I can't put my finger on it The concept is cool but I think the sloppiness comes with the mix of wacky graphics and perspective and strict platform game engine that's being used.

Sure you probably get used to what's an edge and what's not an edge...and when in doubt, you can just stay put for 3 seconds to discover them...but there's something weird about it. You can't really tell what is an edge and what isn't, you can't really tell what is a wall and what isn't (in certain circumstances).

Still...it's an interesting game...but I guess I prefer Ferazel which was a more traditional platformer...and by simply looking at the graphics, you knew what to expect.

I'm just a little disappointed because I could create something similar (given time) using Power Game Factory...there's very little that I see in the game that couldn't be recreated with PGF.

Forum Links
Forum Rules