Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Macbook 13: Bags!

Macbook 13: Bags! (Page 4)
HouseSold
Senior User
Jun 10, 2006, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by uicandrew
housesold, can you describe the fit of the macbook inside the sumdex case? your model is the sumdex neo-transit I. I have the sumdex neo-transit II for my 15" widescreen laptop and i LOVE the bag. economical, comfortable shoulder strap, 2 separate pockets inside for small stuff, etc

i bought my sumdex from ebags, but i haven't been able to find the neo-transit I (in black)

also, if you could take pics of the macbook inside the sumdex, that would be great!
The Sony Vaio sleeve fits exactly; just remember when manuvering the corners with either of the 2 zippers (I love dual zips ) just pull away with the zipper tab as you round the corners to avoid scruffing. I looked and felt the inner lining and there's nothing to scratch the book. There's an inner lip all the way around beneath what appears to be a nylon, non-metallic zipper. The zipper tabs are larger too, with a plastic-like enamel coating.
The fit in the Vaio sleeve inside the Sumdex carry case is near perfect, as though they went together from the start. The Sumdex has an outside pocket perfect for the power adapter. (I usually purchase a 2nd power adapter for my work laptops.... errr notebooks and leave it at work)
The Case Logic sleeve is also excellent, with 2 outside zippered pockets. It has only 1 case zipper for the MacBook compartment, however.

On the Sumdex page, I think there's only 2 colors available for Transit I cases.

The only photo I have is the linked prior ones; sorry.

Eug Wanker
Posting Junkie
Location: Dangling something in the water… of the Arabian Sea
Jun 11, 2006, 02:23 AM

Originally Posted by Eug Wanker
Neoprene (1.5 mm thick)

The sleeved laptop goes inside another bag (along with the adapter). I don't like putting my bare laptop in my briefcase or whatever.

The sleeve I ordered actually comes with a small bag (made from the same material) for the AC adapter and stuff, but I'm not 100% sure I'll use it for that.
I got the Bitolithic. The sleeve is as advertised... thin but I was expecting that. The small pouch is big enough for the adapter plus a bunch of other stuff.

However, that orange screen protector is too thick. The MacBook doesn't close fully when that orange fabric is there.