Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > "The Week" - Good Magazine?

"The Week" - Good Magazine?
tavilach
Mac Elite
Jul 12, 2006, 07:25 PM

I just heard about a magazine called "The Week," describing itself (in 2001) as follows:

For five years, The Week has built a fiercely loyal following in the United Kingdom with its succinct summaries of news and opinion, its wit and its hubris. “All you need to know about everything that matters,” the magazine promises on its cover. You now hold in your hands the first issue of a new and similarly immodest edition of The Week, created by a team of American editors for an American audience. Like its British progenitor, this magazine is designed as a briefing for intelligent people who are simply too busy to read everything they’d like.

Every week, our staff will scour more than 100 newspapers, magazines, and Web sites. We’ll distill into 40 pithy pages the best of what we find—the most important news, the most provocative commentary, the freshest ideas. In clear, concise writing, The Week will update you on the key controversies in government and politics. We’ll brief you on news and comment from the rest of the globe. We’ll highlight the most interesting stories from health, science, and business. We’ll tell you what the critics are saying about the latest in films, TV, theater, and the arts. To spice the stew, we’ll stir in some gossip and some fun. You’ll not only know what happened. You’ll know what the best minds are saying—conservative and liberal, independent and partisan, thoughtful and passionate. Our only agenda: To make reading The Week one of the most informative—and entertaining—experiences of your week.
I like to know what is going on in the world, and instead of skimming RSS feeds, reading this 40 page magazine every week doesn't sound too shabby. If it's any good, that is.

Does anyone here subscribe to, or know anything about, this magazine?
"Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world." -Archimedes

IFLY2HIGH
Senior User
Jul 12, 2006, 08:02 PM

Our Local This Week Magazine is a compileation of local ads and local happinings.
- Eric

- - e r i k - -
Posting Junkie
Jul 12, 2006, 08:09 PM

newsvine.com

[ fb ] [ flickr ] [] [scl] [ last ] [ plaxo ]

tavilach  (op)
Mac Elite
Jul 12, 2006, 08:26 PM

Newsvine.com looks just like Google News. "The Week" seems appealing because it is so concise and covers most important topics, lists all points of view, and is in print, which is easier on my eyes.

Anyway, I'm not looking for suggestions for other sources. I'm looking to hear if people like "The Week."
"Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world." -Archimedes

Forum Links
Forum Rules