Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Drug use up for baby boomers

Drug use up for baby boomers
waxcrash
Mac Elite
Sep 7, 2006, 11:12 PM

If the results of The annual National Survey on Drug Use and Health are accurate, then more baby boomers are smoking the wacky tobacco.

• Drug use increased from 2.7%t in 2002 to 4.4% last year

• Marijuana was the drug of choice

Survey: Marijuana Use Down Among Teens, Overall U.S. Drug, Alcohol, Tobacco Use Unchanged - CBS News

CNN.com - These are your parents on drugs - Sep 7, 2006

I just find this weird. Anybody know any 50-59 year old stoners?

Spliff
Mac Elite
Sep 7, 2006, 11:59 PM

If you death was imminent, wouldn't you smoke more weed? I sure would.

Kerrigan
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 8, 2006, 12:31 AM

This generation started off as drug using teenagers mooching off mom and dad, so it's a fitting end that they'll become drug using dependents at the nursing home, mooching off their children.

Ham Sandwich
Sep 8, 2006, 06:19 AM

Just last night I was hanging with a friend who's in her mid-60s. She has got the best weed around!

PER3
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 8, 2006, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Kerrigan
This generation started off as drug using teenagers mooching off mom and dad, so it's a fitting end that they'll become drug using dependents at the nursing home, mooching off their children.
Substitute "grocery", "tobacco", or "alcohol" for "drug" in your reply, and the difference is what?

Personally, I'd rather go back to dope than **** my liver with beer, but although I very much like living in the police state I'm in right now, I sure as hell don't want to be spending any time with the cops as they substitute "heroin" for "weed" in the paperwork.

Your mileage might vary.

Forum Links
Forum Rules