Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Gapless playback on an iPod mini?

Gapless playback on an iPod mini?
Jim Paradise
Mac Elite
Sep 28, 2006, 03:21 PM

I updated my sister's iPod the other day to what iTunes says is the latest firmware, 1.4.1, but there is no gapless playback between tracks when listening to the iPod. The issue can't be the mp3s themselves as the ones in particular (from Abbey Road) have had gapless album selected in their ID3 tags.

Is gapless playback limited to 5th generation iPods and above, or is there someway to get this running on a mini?

TheoCryst
Mac Elite
Sep 28, 2006, 03:32 PM

I'm pretty sure, though I could be mistaken, that only 5Gs (and possibly Nanos? Don't quote me on that one) have this capability. I know for a fact that my 4G is unable to do the gapless playback thing.

Any ramblings are entirely my own, and do not represent those of my employers, coworkers, friends, or species

archurban
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 2, 2006, 03:04 AM

according to Apple support site, gapless playback is only available for 5G ipod, 5.5G ipod (enahanced), second generation nano.

but what's funny thing is my first generation nano is working well.

icruise
Moderator Emeritus
Oct 2, 2006, 03:26 AM

The mini is not compatible, and interestingly neither is the new or old iPod Shuffle. I don't know if there are technical limitations or if it's mostly a way to add value to the more expensive and newer iPod models.

Forum Links
Forum Rules