Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > iPhone 3G and 2.2 firmware=terrible spearkerphone sound

iPhone 3G and 2.2 firmware=terrible spearkerphone sound
frdmfghtr
Senior User
Nov 23, 2008, 11:30 PM

I updated my iPhone 3G to the 2.2 firmware, and found that the speakerphone quality has gone from acceptable to extremely choppy and garbled. It's not the phone connection, since the sound quality on the same call improves greatly when switching back to the handset.

A reboot doesn't help at all; I may try a full restoration to see if that cures the problem.

Has anybody else experienced this?

stevesnj
Mac Elite
Nov 26, 2008, 11:39 PM

seems the iPhone speaker is the worst for the best phone on the market. I have had the 1st and now 2nd gen iPhone and both have unusable speakerphones. I have to put the phone to my ear on speakerphone which makes no sense. MMS and speakerphone are top flaws on my list for this phone.
MacBook Pro 15" i7 ~ Snow Leopard ~ iPhone 4 - 16Gb

frdmfghtr  (op)
Senior User
Nov 27, 2008, 06:23 AM

True it's not a great speakerphone, but it was ok given the design constraints. My issue is that it was passable in 2.1 but now sucks in 2.2. Playing iTunes through the speaker works fine, but not for phone calls.

Forum Links
Forum Rules