Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > LA Ink/Hannah Aitchison Tomorrow!

LA Ink/Hannah Aitchison Tomorrow!
RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 27, 2009, 01:25 AM

Just making a thread to gloat -- I'll be getting a Hannah Aitchison tattoo TOMORROW (Saturday)!!!

I wanted to get my Family Crest tattooed in honor of my Dad, and Hannah's ALWAYS been one of my fav tattoo artists. I emailed her my story and reasoning behind it, and she got back with me and fit me into her schedule. Not only that, but she blocked-out the ENTIRE day, just for me -- so we flew to LA from Texas for the work.

We're thinking it'll only take about 6 hours, and it'll go from the top of my right shoulder, down to my elbow.

TOTALLY STOKED!

Next up will be some black and grey Corey Miller work in about 6 months...

That is all.
"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."
my bandmy web sitemy guitar effectsmy photosfacebookbrightpoint

subego
Clinically Insane
Mar 27, 2009, 01:30 AM

Bah.

Can't find my "This Thread Is Useless Without Pics" smiley, and I tried to do it with just text, but UBB stripped out my spacing.

You get the idea though, we wanna see it once it's done.

sdilley14
Mac Elite
Mar 27, 2009, 01:39 AM

Yup, I definitely expect pics.
2.3 GHz Intel i5 MacBook Pro
iPhone 4 - 16 GB - Black
8gb iPod Nano

AKcrab
Moderator Emeritus
Mar 27, 2009, 01:40 AM

Will you be on the show?

RAILhead  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 27, 2009, 02:17 AM

Not on the show -- I missed casting by a month, and I told them I didn't want to wait until the next season. BUT, now that I'm a client, I get dibs on getting on the show if I want some other, meaningful art done.
"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."

Maflynn
Professional Poster
Mar 27, 2009, 07:07 AM

gloat - well that implies we are jealous which I can't say for the life of me that I would be.

Good luck on your next tat though, being that is a tv show as well (and presumably a busy place) what are the rates for the tattoos?
~Mike

Laminar
Clinically Insane
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Mar 27, 2009, 09:12 AM

You'll definitely have to post up some pictures with her.

RAILhead  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 27, 2009, 10:20 AM

Yes, I will be taking some pics with her! They don't like a whole lot of shots since it's so distracting for the artists, but she said it's cool to take some pics.

As for rates, I have no idea and I don't care! I'm guessing it'll be somewhere around $1500 to $2000 for 6 hours of color work. Kat charges $750 for a 3 hour minimum, and $1000 for portraits. The rest of the crew is just as good as Kat (better), so I don't imagine she'll be inexpensive. But hey, I've commissioned here to do this art, so I'll get what I pay for!

RAILhead  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 28, 2009, 12:19 AM

Here's a quickie, seconds after completion and still bleeding! More to come tomorrow...

RAILhead  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 28, 2009, 12:19 AM

The border isn't really so perfect, either -- that's blood making the harsh line...

AKcrab
Moderator Emeritus
Mar 28, 2009, 12:47 AM

They do some fine work. Great artists in that shop. (Same with the guys at Miami Ink.)

Face Ache
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 28, 2009, 05:31 AM

Very nice.

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 28, 2009, 09:07 AM

Wow, they did a great job. It looks really nice.

Maflynn
Professional Poster
Mar 28, 2009, 09:23 AM

Looks nice, so that was done in one sitting?
~Mike

RAILhead  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 28, 2009, 08:17 PM

Thanks! Yes, this one done in a single six-hour sitting! We both had massive time constraints, and she fit me into her schedule for this special trip right before heading back to Chicago. This would normally be done in 2 sessions, and the last hour was pretty freakin' rough — but I pulled it off.

More pics to come.

Oh, and in case you didn't know — Hannah is freakin' HOT. She is totally stunning and absolutely beautiful in person!

KeyLimePi
Mac Elite
Mar 28, 2009, 08:59 PM

cool tat, great story. Color me impressed.

RAILhead  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 29, 2009, 10:20 AM

Okay, here are some additional pics...

Forum Links
Forum Rules