Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > OS9 CD/Zip Finder System Error

OS9 CD/Zip Finder System Error
dschmude
Dec 20, 1999, 05:05 PM

I have a Beige G3/300 (upgraded to 466 G3), OS 9, 320 MB of Ram, Internal Zip (IDE Zip came with my Mac), External Jaz SCSI Drive, and External SCSI Lacie CDR. Often when I put in a CD/CDR, Zip, or Jaz Cartridge, the finder crashes. Sometimes the Apple menu goes blank and the OS locks up. In addition I have gotten the following errors:

Sorry a system error occured
"Finder"
error type 10 --> Restart

or

Sorry a system error occured
"Finder"
bus error --> Restart

I have zapped my Pram, ran Disk Doctor V5.0.2, Disk First Aid, rebuilt Desktop, etc. and no problems were discovered. My questions are:

1) What is a type 10 error?
2) What is a bus error (this does not sound good)?
3) Anyone have similar problems?

I am using Iomega Driver 6.0.4 (with OS 9). Almost sounds like some type of SCSI confict, but my system has been running fine with OS 9 for a couple of months with no problems. This problem does not occur all the time and just started to happen a few days ago. Any thoughts or help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Don

Gregory
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 4, 2000, 03:55 PM

IomegaWare is 6.0.6 on my system (OS 9, BWG3, ATAPI Zip 250), it does sound like a driver conflict, not a SCSI conflict (IDE lacks ID, just Master/Slave).

Greg

gene
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 4, 2000, 04:07 PM

Try deleting invisible file AppleShare PDS. Also, put a few spaces at the beginning of Iomega's driver so it loads early.

Forum Links
Forum Rules