Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Scheduled StartUp Not Working

Scheduled StartUp Not Working
David Molho
Sep 28, 2000, 05:12 PM

I have a new iMac DV+ and I can't get it to start up at a scheduled time within the Energy Save Control Panel. Any thoughts? Thanks.

DBursey
Professional Poster
Sep 28, 2000, 09:06 PM

Under Schedule Options, have you checked the box for scheduled shutdown instead of scheduled sleep (Sorry if I've stated the obvious)?

If all the settings are correct and still the imac won't wake up, you might try dragging your energy saver preference file to the trash and restarting.

WDL
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 28, 2000, 09:35 PM

You may not think this is related but - what peripherals are attached to your Mac?

WDL

David Molho
Sep 28, 2000, 09:52 PM

Well, so far I made sure the Scheduled Sleep box was unchecked and I tossed the Energy Saver Pref, restarted and tested, but to no avail. Nothing is connected to the iMac except the keyboard and the telephone line. Thanks for your suggestions thus far!

David

DBursey
Professional Poster
Sep 29, 2000, 07:54 AM

David, that box must be checked, else the machine is set to wake from sleep, not start up. Read my post again. Ensure the scheduled shutdown instead of scheduled sleep has a checkmark in the box. If not, the scheduled startup is disabled.

Forum Links
Forum Rules