Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > MacOS error when burning w/ Toast & 9.1

MacOS error when burning w/ Toast & 9.1
indigo
Jan 21, 2001, 01:44 AM

I've got a Firewire 2000 (Pismo) Powerbook that I just upgraded to 9.1. Before the upgrade, I had no problems burning CDs via my Adaptec SlimSCSI card (v1.1) and toast deluxe (v4.1.2). My burner is a yamaha crw6416. Now when I try to burn a disc at any speed, I get the following error message just as the disc is getting ready to burn:
Couldn't complete the last command because of a MacOS error.
Result code= -17

Anyone have any ideas on how to get my burner working again?
Thanks for the help.

Jan 21, 2001, 04:43 PM

You might try the 4.2 update for Toast and see if it helps. It helped on my Starmax with a different drive. I no longer get buffer under run errors.

indigo  (op)
Jan 21, 2001, 04:56 PM

I've searched versiontracker and the adaptec/roxio site for the update you mentioned with no luck. the most recent update I could find for toast is the 4.1.2 update which I have applied. Is the 4.2 update an official update?
thanks,
Indigo

typoon
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 21, 2001, 10:17 PM

4.1.2 is the only release. yous hould update to that I have been using that under 9.1 and no problems encountered yet.
"Evil is Powerless If the Good are Unafraid." -Ronald Reagan

Apple and Intel, the dawning of a NEW era.

snodman
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 22, 2001, 03:17 AM

Looks like a SCSI error. You might try Adaptec support and see if there is a newer driver for the PCMCIA SCSI card.

mrchin
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 22, 2001, 12:51 PM

I found Toast Deluxe 4.2 on Hotline Servers only. It's a full install. So just use your serial #. If you don't have one, I'm sure SN's are on there too. If you don't know, goto www.hotlinehq.com

Go to news, download the client software, probably version 1.8.4 now. And do a search from the main hotline page for toast. You'll see it.
Dual 2.0 G5/2.5GB/ATI 9800 Pro | MacBook Pro 2.16 Gore Duo/2GB/ATI X1600

drfrank
Forum Regular
Jan 22, 2001, 05:58 PM

I have been using 9.1 and Toast 4.1.2 on my G4/500 with no problems. 4.1.2 is the current version of Toast until 5 Titanium is released in the spring.

Frank

Forum Links
Forum Rules