Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > OS 9.04 on Beige G3-333

OS 9.04 on Beige G3-333
rforno
May 20, 2000, 06:57 PM

I installed 9 and upgraded to 9.04....but every so often when I restart, the Mac starts up, the Desktop appears, and then I lose the video signal to my monitor.

Is this indemic of OS 9, or is my Beige G-3 333 just too old?

Flurk
May 20, 2000, 07:21 PM

I am running MacOS 9.04 & 8.6 on my G3 333 MiniTower without any problems.
Try Zapping the PRAM. Perhaps the monitor may need to be repaired?
I have an AppleWision 1710 (3 years old) and it's only problem is that I can't get the resolution 832 x 624. Others such as 1024 x 768 work without any problem. The monitor is the culprit, definitely not my G3 Beige.

oscar
Grizzled Veteran
May 21, 2000, 03:48 AM

Is the monitor cable loose when you attach it to the monitor jack. I had that problem (loose monitor jack, was pulling off the motherboard) and I had the problem your discribing. Also, make sure the monitor isnt switching to a unsupported resolution when finder loads

------------------
-See Yea!

riverat
May 29, 2000, 02:14 AM

If the loss of signal to your monitor is momentary, I experience the same thing. After a short black screen the startup process continues. I believe (Opinion) that the system is checking your selected resolution and resetting itself. I am running a G-3/300 Beige.

Forum Links
Forum Rules