Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Sherlock-cleaning its closet

Sherlock-cleaning its closet
DewD
Mar 17, 2001, 11:47 AM

How do you selectively remove certain Search Sites from Sherlock's master list of Internet sites ? ( I'm using Sherlock-1 on OS 8.6 , by the way ). The list keeps getting longer... I hate it when Sherlock plug-ins are added against my wishes!

I just want the my preferred list of available search engines to appear on my screen without scrolling thru the junk sites.

Any suggestions? Hacks ?

mindwaves
Mar 17, 2001, 05:15 PM

It is in your system folder under Internet Search sites. Just remove them manually.

Frytz13
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 17, 2001, 10:22 PM

When you launch Sherlock, just uncheck the search engine you do not wish to use, Only the checked ones are used for your searches. Leaving the other ones there, but not active, gives you the option of using them in the future.

Frytz

DewD  (op)
Mar 18, 2001, 01:48 PM

Thanks for the tips.
I never knew about the Internet Search Sites folder in the system barge, but there they were.

I editted out all the Sherlock sites I never use ( bye-bye Alladin Systems, Rolling Stone, Music Boulevard and Amazon.com et al ) by manually moving them to a folder outside the System Folder. They will remain there till I ever need them , but I can't imagine why I would....

But what about Sherlock's Preferences...should they be trashed?

One last query.... does Sherlock 2 in os 9.x use this same stash ? I'm going there someday soon.....

Thanks.

DewD

mindwaves
Mar 18, 2001, 07:22 PM

Why would you want to trash the prefs. No need. Yes, sherlock 2 in OS 9 uses the same folder.

Forum Links
Forum Rules