Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > 9.1: Menu delay

9.1: Menu delay
letterten
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 18, 2001, 07:15 PM

anyone out there experience up to 6 second menubar menu delays in the finder? i can't figure out why it is happening -- i tried a non-clean install of 9.1 to no avail. i do remember reading somewhere than the umax 3.7.5 upgrade is a culprit, but i don't remember the details and/or where i say it.

it's driving me NUTS.

thanks

DocWest
Senior User
Mar 18, 2001, 07:45 PM

try playing around with your extension sets.

firstly, try the base mac os set and see if it's okay, then start adding extensions back.

or if you think it is the umax extension, disable just the umax stuff and see what happens.

Ty Stewart
Mar 20, 2001, 10:03 AM

I too have experienced this delay. Ran Disk First Aid and received the following: "Problem: Keys out of order, 4, 213" Seems MacOS 9.1 has corrupted the BTree. Not sure if there's an easy solution.

I'd like to know if anyone else is having the same problem.

-ty

Forum Links
Forum Rules