Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > zip

zip
ps
Oct 31, 1999, 04:21 AM

Just updated to OS9 and my USB Zip wont mount when I insert a disk. Any thoughts welcome.

wlonh
Professional Poster
Oct 31, 1999, 05:04 AM

did you install the software that came with Zip drive?

don't. and if you did, disable/delete/nuke it.

really. MacOS 9 installs a driver that by all accounts i've read will work... Iomega's driver that comes with or has been released since you bought the Zip won't. smooth, huh?

i'd most likely be getting the attention of Iomega if i were a Zip user (i gave mine to my sister several months ago... one less headache) and complain as constantly and as nicely as possible.

you can research this at this forum by using the search engine and you should go to the MacNN homepage and search there too...

beverson
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 31, 1999, 07:15 PM

Yes, I had the same problem with both my ZIP and SuperDisk drives...just disable the USB extensions specific to those drives and use only the ones installed under OS 9 and things work fine.

Parrish
Nov 1, 1999, 09:59 AM

The advice above is exactly what you need. OS 9 will install the zip tools folder in the utilities folder, but they will be unusable. Iomega informed me that they are working on a patch.

Forum Links
Forum Rules