Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > News > Mac News > Giveaway: WaterField Solo case for MacBook Air

Giveaway: WaterField Solo case for MacBook Air
NewsPoster
MacNN Staff
Jul 16, 2014, 05:41 PM

Since the beginning, Apple has created devices that merge style and function into one. For many years now, WaterField Designs has been staying ahead of the curve with stylish carrying cases, laptop sleeves and bags that complement Apple devices. They have recently updated their popular Outback Solo case for the new, faster MacBook Air. MacNN has three of these to give away to our readers.

The Outback Solo carrying case is constructed with rugged waxed canvas and premium leather that gives it a professional look, but is still casual enough for everyday use. It is compatible with both the 11- and 13-inch MacBook Air models. This case provides two layers of protection through high-grade neoprene that is enclosed in water-resistant tan waxed canvas. Over the top is a distressed premium leather flap that secures the contents with a magnetic closure, while giving the bag a vintage look. Inside are two front pockets that can fit a smartphone or iPad mini, as well as accessories like a charger, a wallet or keys. An optional carrying strap transforms the case into a shoulder bag.

"Mac users are style connoisseurs, and like a handsome case that fits the necessities without a lot of bulk," noted Gary Waterfield, company founder. "The Outback Solo carries everything I need in one place - my Macbook Air, charger, wallet, keys, mints - and is at home in any environment. On the plane, I stash it under the seat so my valuables are close at hand."

This case retails for $109 from WaterField Designs online store, while the carrying strap carries a list price of $19. For up-to-date news and information about the latest from WaterField Designs, follow them on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.

To enter, click here, agree to our terms and conditions, and answer one skill-testing question. Each winner will receive one case and one carrying strap (a total $128 value). Mailing list signup is required to be selected; if you have already signed up for a mailing list, please place a check in the box next to the list you have signed up for. Email addresses will also be shared with WaterField to be included in their mailing list. The giveaway is open to US residents only, and closes on August 6.
( Last edited by NewsPoster; Jul 17, 2014 at 12:47 PM. )

dcolores
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 23, 2014, 10:54 AM

This Giveaway: WaterField Solo case for MacBook Air fails, with a dialog that says true contest has closed, or hasn't opened yet.

Ham Sandwich
Jul 23, 2014, 06:31 PM

Works for me. I waited a bit to check out the link.

Ham Sandwich
Jul 24, 2014, 08:28 AM

Also, the newsletters are blank.

It's just a subject line, no content, and then an unsubscribe link.

Ham Sandwich
Jul 24, 2014, 01:19 PM

Same thing with the Yosemite announcement... it's just a blank email

Mike Wuerthele
Managing Editor
Jul 24, 2014, 02:00 PM

That's you, not us. In Mail, I get the graphics fine. I'd check your email client prefs for image downloading.

Ham Sandwich
Jul 24, 2014, 03:18 PM

About six years ago I had some issues with "graphics"-intensive emails wrecking havoc in my browsers (poorly-coded Javascript and CSS), so since then I am not accepting those kinds of emails.

MacNN needs to resend these newsletters in plain text, or change their newsletters to have a text-also option.

Until then, their "newsletters" will just continue to show up as pointless blank emails.

Mike Wuerthele
Managing Editor
Jul 24, 2014, 04:10 PM

These won't be sent in plain text, ever, I don't think, but I will ask.

We don't use Java.

Forum Links
Forum Rules