Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > News > Tech News > Briefly: Google Maps image insults Apple, X-Files HD hits Netflix US

Briefly: Google Maps image insults Apple, X-Files HD hits Netflix US
NewsPoster
MacNN Staff
Apr 24, 2015, 09:11 AM

Users of Google Maps may find an odd image if they search Pakistan. Team Android reports someone has inserted an image of the Android mascot urinating on the Apple Logo. While it is unlikely to be an addition by a Google employee, it is possible that the image was added as part of Map Maker, a system that allows users to submit edits to the map for inclusion into the main Google Maps service, with the insulting image possibly overlooked during moderation.

First 13 episodes of The X-Files in HD available on Netflix in United States

Netflix is starting to stream The X-Files in HD in the United States. Already available in a number of other markets, the first thirteen episodes of the first 24-episode season of the cult classic is available to view in the higher resolution widescreen streams, reports Bloody Disgusting, and arrives shortly after Fox confirmed a six-episode revival of the show will be produced.

OldMacGeek
Forum Regular
Apr 24, 2015, 11:13 AM

Classy!

just a poster
Forum Regular
Apr 24, 2015, 12:14 PM

"While it is unlikely to be an addition by a Google employee"

I don't understand this. Do Google employees control the content of Google Maps or is the project outsourced in its entirety?

djbeta
Apr 24, 2015, 12:20 PM

Don't be evil. Lol. How about, don't let your users be evil. Google and Yelp could learn a lot from such a suggestion.

climacs
Senior User
Apr 24, 2015, 12:48 PM

that's very funny. In fact I will be laughing all the way to the bank with my 10,000% return (and growing) on my original investment in AAPL.

Flying Meat
Senior User
Apr 24, 2015, 01:18 PM

And so very original!

TheGreatButcher
Senior User
Apr 24, 2015, 04:55 PM

I generally get a kick out of Google's easter eggs, but that's a bit unprofessional.

Forum Links
Forum Rules