Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > News > Mac News > Samsung upgrades Ultimate Test Drive with $200 switching offer

Samsung upgrades Ultimate Test Drive with $200 switching offer
NewsPoster
MacNN Staff
Aug 28, 2015, 01:17 PM

Samsung, in an attempt to make its current "switcher" promotion more attractive, is offering iPhone users who switch to its smartphones extra bonuses. On top of what participants of the existing Ultimate Test Drive receive, Samsung is offering $100 in Google Play credit if the user actually purchases a Samsung device after the trial period -- with an extra $100 check awarded if they trade in their iPhone with their carrier or a retailer.

The original offer involved Samsung providing a Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 Edge+, or a Galaxy Note 5 to the user for a 30-day period, with participants paying $1 to enroll in the "test drive." The electronics manufacturer provided a SIM with a data plan to iPhone users, so participants didn't even have to move their own SIM from an existing smartphone.

Samsung Galaxy Note 5, Galaxy S6 Edge+
Samsung Galaxy Note 5, Galaxy S6 Edge+

According to Android Central, those who take up the offer and buy a Galaxy device after the test drive will need to sign up through Samsung's promotion page to answer some survey questions, provide some details, and a form of proof of purchase for the device in order to get the $100 Google Play credit. If proof of trading in the iPhone is also offered, a $100 check will be mailed to the participant as well.

At the time of writing, Samsung is still unable to send out more Ultimate Test Drive devices, as it has run out of promotional stock, but it will be preparing to send out more smartphones soon. The promotion will run until December 31, but participants will only have until January 1 next year to redeem their credit and check.
( Last edited by NewsPoster; Aug 28, 2015 at 06:48 PM. )

climacs
Senior User
Aug 28, 2015, 02:13 PM

LOLOLOLOL I love the smell of Samsung's flop sweat.

Flying Meat
Senior User
Aug 28, 2015, 02:36 PM

Desperation perspiration. I'm sure it's a fine product. I don't want it. Particularly from a company as devoid of ethical guidance as Samsung.

climacs
Senior User
Aug 28, 2015, 02:46 PM

it's not just the ethics, but that too. My wife is platform-agnostic, she has gone back and forth between Android and iPhone and back to Android. She went back to Android primarily for the big screen ( I kept telling her to wait a few months for iPhone 6, but nooooo). Her previous Android phones were buggy pieces of crap with shitty battery life, so when she went back to Android she went for the then-top-of-the-line. She got an S5. Well guess, what only a year later the thing freezes up regularly. She can't wait to go back to iPhone.

climacs
Senior User
Aug 28, 2015, 02:50 PM

I hate being a self-appointed copy editor (I know it is not very well appreciated on the other end), but this article is just bad writing and needs a partial re-write. Was the writer paid per comma?

makemineamac
Aug 28, 2015, 04:39 PM

Commas, are never used enough climacs.

Flying Meat
Senior User
Aug 28, 2015, 07:33 PM

If commas wuz money...

Forum Links
Forum Rules