Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Pathetic (secret service stuff)

Pathetic (secret service stuff)
gorefan68
Banned
Jan 4, 2001, 03:27 AM

Yes. You're pathetic. Whoever the person is out there who reported me to the secret service. I had to meet with an SS member today at the police department, because SOMEONE on this board 'tattled' on me. It was something I said about Al Gore, BTW.

You know, I might not get along with everyone here, but .... what RIGHT do you have trying to ruin my life? What have I ever done to you people? Said something you disagree with? Insulted you (when you were being arrogant asses)? Boy, because I ticked you off on a FREAKING WEBPAGE you feel obligated to try to ruin my life, send me to jail, so I can get assraped in prison or something? Look in a ****ing mirror. Nothing I can possibly say can express how I feel right now. But hell, I'll try anyway:

To whomever did it, I'd like you to know that I recieved no consequence whatsoever. Yeah, I obviously won't say anything about presidential people again, but nothing bad happened to me. It didn't go on my record, I didn't even get a fine. But you know what? I know whomever the piece of **** who reported me to know one thing:

What you did was extremely below the belt, and I still pulled through unscathed. You attempted to RUIN SOMEONES LIFE (mine) because you don't like me. Think about that. Because of what I say, you want me in jail. You need to look in a mirror and realize that you're a much bigger asshole than you ever imagined me to be, and I hope you feel like **** .

Ca$h

Cipher13
Jan 4, 2001, 04:11 AM

It could have been a carnivore or echelon sieve or something
Or one of the others that no one knows about...
But yeah if it was a person hopefully they'll get hit by a train. A moving one, of course.

Cipher13

Eluna
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 4, 2001, 04:38 AM

Oh god... Ca$h this is unbelievable!

I have a hard time understanding why the USA Secret Service would bother with someone posting some offensive message on a message board. Don't they have better things to do down there... I thought that liberty of expression was something big in the US???

( I am glad to be Canadian, at least here we don't think that politicians are Gods.. )

Anyway, even if 95% of the time I think that your post lack of maturity I wish you good Good luck and hope that this will be settled very soon; This is not a good situation for you to be in....I would not wish that to any of my friends...

Macfreak7
Mac Elite
Jan 4, 2001, 05:06 AM

is that why you decided to hang on to "gorefan"

macmad
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 4, 2001, 05:13 AM

UNBELIEVABLE!! So much for free speech - what good is it if people who object can react with such consequences. It's so f*cked up... when some do goody a$$hole can cause so much trouble - and just over a BB posting!!
Ca$h: stay cool dude!

Ruby
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 4, 2001, 06:02 AM

Like I told you...not everyone can say they were questioned by the SS

------------------
Ruby
[img]http://homepage.mac.com/albertwu/.Pictures/ichicks.gif[img]

Misha
Professional Poster
Jan 4, 2001, 08:59 AM

Threats against elected officials, in any capacity, is a federal crime. There's no foul play here by any member(s) (i.e. whoever reported him). Even in jest, there's really no reason to make a statement like that about anyone. Frankly, Cash should have known better, imo.

giantmike
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 4, 2001, 10:56 AM

Originally posted by Eluna:
( I am glad to be Canadian, at least here we don't think that politicians are Gods.. )
Do you really think we phold our politicians at God level? Hell No! Politicians (no matter which one, it's the same in every country, at every position) are dirty, rotten liars, who sweet talk their way into a position of power. Trust me, Americans (as a whole) do not see their political leaders as Gods.

------------------
The Mac Information Depot. Why go anywhere else?
Giantmike's Website - Version 5.0

andi*pandi
Jan 4, 2001, 12:33 PM

Unbelievable.

This is taking paranoia too far, really.

Did anyone really think Cash was going to k*** VP Gore? really???

Perhaps I missed that thread.

Scott_H
Professional Poster
Jan 4, 2001, 12:52 PM

Threats have never been protected speach.

Is this for real Ca$h? Which thread was that anyway? Is it still around?

gorefan68  (op)
Banned
Jan 4, 2001, 01:13 PM

No, it wasn't carnivore. He told me that someone reported me. Even carnivore doesnt have enough power to search through EVERY webboard and logically figure out which has bad stuff in it. I was reported by someone on this board, and frankly, I find it disgusting that anyone here would wish me in jail. Whatever. Like I said, nothing happened to me; so HAHA YOU STUPID ****ER!

Also, it is a federal offense to threaten the president or VP, which I think is weird because I never actually said I was going to do it, I just referred to him as sniper rifle meat... but never really said I was going to, so who knows. Anyway, yeah I think its bunk that I can't say that either. I could understand investigating me if I had a violent record or something, but... this is just stupid.

Ca$h

BMWDrum
Forum Regular
Jan 4, 2001, 01:20 PM

It just proves that our government is too stupid to realize the difference between reality and wishful thinking. they need to concentrate on the bigger problems, not someone talking about what president they like/dislike. I think I remember reading that thread, and I don't think Ca$h outright threatened anybody to the point of killing them. I support you all the way Ca$h, and to whoever did it, why don't you worry about yourself, instead of others, because you have obvious problems.

drum
Some days you're the dog, and some days you're the hydrant.

jaguarandi
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 4, 2001, 01:32 PM

I've been thinking of a clever way to reply to this thread, but can't come up with one, because I'm too busy laughing about it.

I'm not for 'tattling' at all, but isn't it ironic that a certain person who fought very visibly with Ca$h last month is no longer posting???

//e

Macfreak7
Mac Elite
Jan 4, 2001, 01:36 PM

Originally posted by jaguarandi:
I've been thinking of a clever way to reply to this thread, but can't come up with one, because I'm too busy laughing about it.

I'm not for 'tattling' at all, but isn't it ironic that a certain person who fought very visibly with Ca$h last month is no longer posting???

//e
will the real gore fan please stand up.

i wasnt sure if i should pin point, but who cares.
(thats imo at least)

[This message has been edited by Macfreak7 (edited 01-04-2001).]

jaguarandi
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 4, 2001, 01:41 PM

....and put one of those fingers on each hand up!

//e

ThinkInsane
Moderator Emeritus
Jan 4, 2001, 02:35 PM

Sorry cashie boy, but I think that is too funny. Some one blew you into the secret service? That's funny. Just laugh it off dude. I really don't think it will ruin your life, just give you a kick ass story to tell people. I think I'm going to start calling them and telling them all of my friends are making threats against the Prez. Then I can watch them all get taken away in bracelets. That would be a hoot.

I knew this girl in high school. Here father is a pure psychopath. He found out his wife was cheating on him, so he sent a letter to the president (it was Johnson I think, but I'm not sure) telling him he was going to kill him and rape him or something. He signed the wife's boyfriend's name to the letter. The Secret Cervix showed up and hauled the poor bastard away (the boy friend that is). When they finally figured out he didn't do it, they arrested the husband, but they could never prove he did it. Now, that's quality revenge right there!
Nemo me impune lacesset

DBursey
Professional Poster
Jan 4, 2001, 02:45 PM

I'm not surprised to hear that you've landed in hot water for some outrageous remark you've made here. Anyone who goes on record in a public forum with insults and offensive statements should not be terribly surprised if someone uses their words against them. You can make yourself an easy target this way. You're standing on a soapbox here and you never know who may twist your words and use them against you. A very good reason to be smarter and more cautious about what you say.

I recall that before you left on vacation you made a comment about wanting to kill an old person. I suppose those of us who are familar with your behavior in this forum knew it to be just another tasteless attempt at humor. It's just the kind of comment that someone might use somehow to get you in trouble.

This reminds me of the dull witted fellow who some weeks ago joked about his bomb making skills to a luggage handler at Person airport . Can you guess where he spent the next few hours? Not on his plane!

Take care to choose your words wisely in public. Your presence here is proof enough for me that Santa doesn't peruse these boards. You'd need a big furnace for all that coal.

haunebu
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 4, 2001, 04:11 PM

Originally posted by Scott_H:
Threats have never been protected speach.

Is this for real Ca$h? Which thread was that anyway? Is it still around?
Yes, it is, Scott_H. If I threaten that I'll scream in the next 10 minutes of I don't get a perfect score in Pac-Man by then, it's no crime.

All speech is protected, except speech that directly results in a crime taking place. That is, placing people in danger by yelling "Fire!!" in a crowded theater.

If I threaten to kill someone, that's only a crime called assault (expressing intent to harm, and having the ability to do it).

BTW, harrassment is of a different nature, and usually not threatening. If it is threatening, then it's called assault. It's assault and battery if someone makes the threat and then actually harms the other person physically.

Demonhood
Administrator
Jan 4, 2001, 04:15 PM

That means the Secret Service might be reading this thread right now. I find it amusing that the SS agent assigned to web based threats (assuming they have one) is going thru his bookmarks of Rush Limbaugh (sp?) sites, militia organization sites, terrorist group sites, and one Macintosh-related forum.

haunebu
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 4, 2001, 04:20 PM

Uh, you actually believe him?

Cipher13
Jan 4, 2001, 07:34 PM

He's not lying dude
Anyway, **** the SS.
And there is someone reading this thread now with those kind of contacts.
And anyway the messages posted to this board run through NSA sieves as soon as you hit the submit button.
I just find it outrageous.
I'll say whatever the hell I like about some asshole president, and no body can stop me.
I'm just glad I live in a country with no need to do things like this, and even if there was a need, where they probably don't have the capacity to do it.
**** the US Government.

Cipher13

Archangel
Mac Elite
Jan 4, 2001, 08:03 PM

Uh, yeah, Cipher. Except the US Government is the reason we aren't all COMMUNISTS right now. . .yeah, sure, it's got problems, serious problems, but still I would rather have the US Government than not have it. And if you go off on how anarchy is better, I think it is time for you to take refresher courses in civic duty, history, the nature of personal rights, economics, and the consequences of our actions.

------------------
"Elvis has left the building!"

Cipher13
Jan 4, 2001, 08:51 PM

I didn't say anything about it not being a, ahem, "good" government, but I personally hate it.
And communism is good. Humans are simply to corrupt for it to work.
I'd also rather have it than not have it, but that doesn't mean I have to be governed by it.
And I'm glad I'm not.
The fact is the US Government is, well...
Its so hard to explain on a message board.
I mean look at what happened - Ca$h gets busted for saying Gore is sniper rifle meat.
So if I say I felt like killing... hm, lemme see... Bill Gates or someone, then should I be investigated?
I mean thats a terrible example. As I said, I can't explain it.
But the USG has just become too powerful, too corrupt, and too internally paranoid.

Cipher13

rjenkinson
Professional Poster
Jan 4, 2001, 08:56 PM

Originally posted by Archangel:
Uh, yeah, Cipher. Except the US Government is the reason we aren't all COMMUNISTS right now. . .yeah, sure, it's got problems, serious problems, but still I would rather have the US Government than not have it. And if you go off on how anarchy is better, I think it is time for you to take refresher courses in civic duty, history, the nature of personal rights, economics, and the consequences of our actions.

huh? the current US government (ie. the one the secret service agents acted on behalf of) is not the reason you aren't all communists. the cold war ended years ago.

-r.

[This message has been edited by rjenkinson (edited 01-04-2001).]

tioga
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 4, 2001, 09:27 PM

Well, as one of the select few who cash has requested we "buy a gun and shoot yourself in the face", I can only laugh my ass off that his shooting his foul mouth off resulted in some consequences, however unjustified. He can't tolerate anyone who disagrees with him.
Free speech for him is vitriole and hate.

gorefan68  (op)
Banned
Jan 4, 2001, 10:58 PM

Bah, all of you:

Go get a gun and shoot yourselves in the face.

Ca$h

PS: I don't suppose I can be arrested for suggestions eh? hehe

PPS: NSA didnt get me. Someone reported me. I asked.

Cipher13
Jan 4, 2001, 11:04 PM

Thats what they tell you Ca$h
There Tioga, you're not so unique now

Cipher13

tioga
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 5, 2001, 12:27 AM

Cipher, you're right. I can no longer feel elite, like one of "the chosen".
Bwaaaaa...

poocat
Mac Elite
Jan 5, 2001, 12:54 AM

wow.

that's not half bad, though... i had a good friend get his door kicked in at eight in the morning one day at college by the ss. he got kicked out of school, spent a couple days in jail, all that crappy stuff.

turned out the person who told on him first told his ra, who didn't care, then told his advisor, who didn't care, then told the dean of housing, who didn't care, then wrote the president of the college a letter, and boy, did that mess some stuff up!

just shows you what jerks some people are...

(and yes, i understand that if someone is breaking a law, then they are guilty whenever they are caught. however, it often seems a little/lot obnoxious to try harder and harder to get someone in trouble...)

oh well.
you'll be fine.

poocat.

[This message has been edited by poocat (edited 01-04-2001).]
"The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive."
-Robert A. Heinlein, Job

Don Pickett
Professional Poster
Jan 5, 2001, 01:08 AM

It's very, very simple. Making threats to harm (or to incite someone to cause harm to) the president and vice president of the United States is a federal crime. Doing that on a public forum and then complaining about getting caught is like depositing money stolen from a bank in a different branch of the same bank - it's stupid. If you knowingly break the law you can't complain about getting caught.

And anyway the messages posted to this board run through NSA sieves as soon as you hit the submit button.
Not really. The NSA monitors every overseas phone call, fax, and wireless transmission in and out of the U.S. THe intercepted calls are run through banks of supercomputers in the NSA's basement, which look for keywords. If a message contains "bomb," it's tagged and looked at. If the message contains "bomb" and "president" it gets higher priority, and on and on. The funny thing is that the government can't keep up with the rapid growth of the internet and communications in general. By some estimates, the NSA can only sort through about 10% of the stuff it captures, which excludes in-country transmissions. There are just too many.

There's a good book about this called The Puzzle Palace, by James Bamford. A very interesting book about America's very interesting and largest secret government agency.

Don

[This message has been edited by Don Pickett (edited 01-05-2001).]
The era of anthropomorphizing hardware is over.

yoyo52
Mac Elite
Jan 5, 2001, 01:52 AM

Just remember, folks, this is the land of the violent. I mean, what other first world nation has had assassinations or assassination attempts of presidents/prime ministers in the last 30 or 40 years?

That said, I think whoever turned cash in did it out of malice and spite, not from a real fear that he was a danger to anyone--other than himself, as it turns out. If you ask me, the informer's the one who should be investigated--a little leaven of malice (the title of a great book by the great Canadian writer Robertson Davies, by the way) is more dangerous than a badly-governed mouth or keyboard. And I do recognize that sometimes it's hard/impossible to tell malice from a badly-governed mouth.

[This message has been edited by yoyo52 (edited 01-05-2001).]
And that's true too.--Shakespeare, King Lear

gorefan68  (op)
Banned
Jan 5, 2001, 01:33 PM

I'm not mad about having the SS get ticked off.

I'm annoyed and disgusted that someone would actually go through the trouble to report me, and whomever did it... man, they're intentions are just sick. To me, its little ass kissers like that that are much more of a threat in todays society. They're the type of people who stab each other in the back.

Ca$h

giantmike
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 5, 2001, 02:18 PM

Well, I do disagree with many of you. If someone harms you in some way (be it physically, sexually, or mentally), you have the right to report that person, and you should excercise that right. Now, I don't mean that everyone who disagrees with something should report that person to the SS, no that would just create a huge mess. If someones reputation is hurt by something someone says (that is not covered under free speech, and can be grounds for conviction), then by all means excercise your rights.

Hell, I may get yelled at by a certain someone for posting this, but I could care less. That's my opinion and I'm sticking with it.

------------------
The Mac Information Depot. Why go anywhere else?
Giantmike's Website - Version 5.0

Jenn4u
Jan 6, 2001, 12:54 AM

Was this the post everyone is referring to? I found it disturbing to. It really mad me kind of sad because I thought I liked Ca$h. Seems everyone around here is looking to insult someone else. This isn't the friendly place I thought to would be.

Is Gore correct?

Ever heard of Entropy? As time goes on, sh*t gets more and more f*cked up. Same with the votes. If he 'recounts' them all, he'll win.... and if he doesnt? He'll demand a recount until he wins. If someone paid me enough, he'd be sniper rifle meat. He pisses me off.

Ca$h

[This message has been edited by Jenn4u (edited 01-05-2001).]

Jenn4u
Jan 6, 2001, 01:06 AM

PS.... and no it wasn't me that said anything to anyone just so you know, but it did bother me when I read it. I was for gore.

Jennifer

simonjames
Mac Elite
Jan 6, 2001, 04:12 AM

I agree with yoyo - the person who reported cash did not do this because they thought cash may try to pop off Gore but because they're a little d*ckless spitefull gutless wonder who is pissed off because a lot of people here think that cash is cool.

All I can say is that "life is cyclic" - you do good to people then good will find a way to make it back to you - you do bad to people then you deserve everything you get.
this sig intentionally left blank

Cipher13
Jan 6, 2001, 04:42 AM

Well said...
I have a few ideas who it could be.
All of them are wrong except 1 though.
I think

Cipher13

AlbertWu
Professional Poster
Jan 6, 2001, 04:46 AM

I like gore, though. When the "Love Bug" hit, all of bush's campaign info was wiped, but gore's wasn't. u kno why?

He uses macs!
Ad Astra Per Aspera - Semper Exploro

Cipher13
Jan 6, 2001, 07:10 AM

Either that or it was Gore that release it!
Methinks I'm onto something!!

Cipher13

macmad
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 6, 2001, 07:49 AM

It was probably Gore himself who sent the SS round to Cash. After all, as the inventor of the internet, he probably frequents many forums (with an alias of course, like gorefan maybe) and read those distasteful comments for himself! It would piss me off too if someone wrote that about me.

Simon C. Leemann
Jan 6, 2001, 07:50 AM

I wouldn't have tattled on Cash because I can't take him seriously on any of these immature remarks, but somehow some people in this forum are mixing up victim and perpetrator. The guy who tattled didn't offend anything; it doesn't matter if Gore was in danger or not - Cash threatend and that's a crime. No, threats are not free speach and they won't turn to free speach no matter how often people claim them to be. Maybe the tattler was a cowardly little bastard, but on the other hand, cash should have known what he was doing. You just don't play around with loaded waepons.

And as for you cashy, how old are you? 14? I don't know. But I guess you just learned that there's more to life than ranting around and trying to get attention by pissing other people off. You learned the lesson that's called "take responsibility for your acts". You are responsible for your tongue and your jaw, so don't just go blubbering around without thinking about what's leaking out of your mouth. One little question: I doubt in public you act the same way you do on this anonymous board. Am I right on this? Think about it.

On the other hand, the story is pretty cool and I can't help having to LMAO at the the SS agent, not having anything else to do than read this Mac board. And all because of some teen ranting around. Real life satire.

scl

Lunchbox
Jan 6, 2001, 07:26 PM

Am I the only one who finds this hilarious?

Cipher13
Jan 6, 2001, 07:46 PM

Originally posted by Simon C. Leemann:
I wouldn't have tattled on Cash because I can't take him seriously on any of these immature remarks, but somehow some people in this forum are mixing up victim and perpetrator. The guy who tattled didn't offend anything; it doesn't matter if Gore was in danger or not - Cash threatend and that's a crime. No, threats are not free speach and they won't turn to free speach no matter how often people claim them to be. Maybe the tattler was a cowardly little bastard, but on the other hand, cash should have known what he was doing. You just don't play around with loaded waepons.

And as for you cashy, how old are you? 14? I don't know. But I guess you just learned that there's more to life than ranting around and trying to get attention by pissing other people off. You learned the lesson that's called "take responsibility for your acts". You are responsible for your tongue and your jaw, so don't just go blubbering around without thinking about what's leaking out of your mouth. One little question: I doubt in public you act the same way you do on this anonymous board. Am I right on this? Think about it.

On the other hand, the story is pretty cool and I can't help having to LMAO at the the SS agent, not having anything else to do than read this Mac board. And all because of some teen ranting around. Real life satire.

scl
Boy would I hate to live under your rule.
Freedom of speech...
Think about those words Mr. Leemann.
Then think about how wrong you are.
Ca$h should be able to say whatever the hell he likes about whoever the hell he likes.
As should everyone.
I know I do... and we should not be reprimanded for that.
If I want to threaten someone to their face? Then thats a crime. If I tell someone never to enter this town again or I'll have them killed?
Thats a crime.
If I say if someone paid me to kill you I would, is that a crime?
No.
Tell me honestly, do you think Ca$h would kill Al Gore if the opportunity arose?
This situation is ridiculous. I'm sure you've talked about killing the president, cause taxes were too high or something.
Have you yourself never threatened another person in any way, shape or form?
"Let he who is free from sin cast the first stone".

Cipher13

[This message has been edited by Cipher13 (edited 01-06-2001).]

Simon C. Leemann
Jan 6, 2001, 08:27 PM

Originally posted by Cipher13:
Ca$h should be able to say whatever the hell he likes about whoever the hell he likes.
Of course he may. If he is ready to take the consequences. But unfortunatly, he didn't. As I said, I can't take him seriously, and I doubt he'd be any harm to Gore, but he knows the rules. If you don't like the rules, don't play the game.

If I say if someone paid me to kill you I would, is that a crime?
No.
Why not? Look, we are a community of human beeings and we are damned to live on the same planet, if we like it or not. One of the ways we survive without beating the heck out of each other is respect and taking freedoms as long as they don't interfere with anyboday else's. Threatening people is not part of the game. It's violence and can't be tolerated if people are to live together in peace.

And don't tell me, that the government is getting violent here. The government is reinforcing laws that you accept. If you live in a democracy and you put up laws (by voting people or by voting on issues), then you have to obey them, like it or not. As I said, obey the rules or get burned. Put it simple: You can drive at 120mph through the whole US, but if you get caught, you pay. Tough luck, that's the way it works.

Tell me honestly, do you think Ca$h would kill Al Gore if the opportunity arose?
No, I dought he'd have the balls. Big mouth is one thing, big deeds another.

This situation is ridiculous. I'm sure you've talked about killing the president, cause taxes were too high or something.
No, sorry. I'd like to have thrown a pie at Reagan, but then again, he's not worth it. But let me be clear on this, if I had done so, and they'd have fined me, I would have paid.

Have you yourself never threatened another person in any way, shape or form?
"Let he who is free from sin cast the first stone".
Oh yes, I have threatened people, but I never talked about killing them - those are two different ball parks, my friend. Besides, threatening someone in his face and being prepared to see his nuckles in your nose needs much more guts than ranting around in an ananymous BB and then getting all soggy about having to go to the sheriff.

I'll say it again. Cashy is a poor little brat, because he almost got busted for nonsense, but I'm sure he knew better - guess he's just learning it the hard way.

Never mind, the SS didn't do nothing to him - in China he probably would have got his head ripped off or made to work with Windows 2000...

scl

Cipher13
Jan 6, 2001, 08:40 PM

Tell me how threatening to kill someone is different to threatening to beat the hell out of them?
Tell me how telling it to their face is LESS threatening than threatening via a means such as a BB, where you can say whatever you like with no concern about whether you're lying or not, and chances are you don't even have physical access to the person.
Yes, I am aware of the situation we all live in. It would be great if everyone co operated and did things not for themselves but for the greater good. But quite simply that is a world that doesn't exist among humans and never will.

Cipher13

Cipher13
Jan 6, 2001, 08:50 PM

You and others are missing the point.
When Ca$h said that, it is called hyperbole.
Go look it up.
Also known as exaggeration...
Stop taking things so seriously. Don't give yourself an ulcer...

Cipher13

elzinat
Mac Elite
Jan 6, 2001, 09:18 PM

DISCLAIMER: what follows may be offensive to some people. it is meant as a philosophical inquiry, NOT conspiracy to murder or any such crap. if you have a problem with it, don't read it. if you read it and have a problem with it, you are wrong in so doing. before reading YOU MUST AGREE that I am in no way responsible for the consequences of any misinterpretations or misrepresentations of what I write, and that furthermore MacNN is in no way responsible for the consequences of any misinterpretations or misrepresentations of what I write, and furthermore that not MacNN or myself shall be held responsible for the consequences of any misinterpretations or misrepresentations of what I write. if you are going to read this and misinterpret it or misrepresent it to any nature of law-enforcement agency, personnel, or agency personnel, don't read it.
__________________________________________________ _____________________

I wonder how much ba$h would have to actually be paid to kill bore? (NB for any jerks who like reporting da$h to the ss: I am not conspiring to murder, i am not saing anything about fa$h or core themselves, I do not know misters ga$h dore, and the sequences of keyboard strokes "h-a-$-h" and "f-o-r-e" do not denote any individuals, nor is anything in this message intended as any nature of code beyond what is used standardly as "North American English," so screw yourselves)
is there anyone on these boards who really thinks that there is no amount of money for which they would kill someone they did not know?
the value of human life is something that I wonder about alot. they always show us in movies and stuff killers hired for like $5000 or $10000. it seems like our society is not successful in educating people to respect human life. I today cannot imagine killing anyone for any reason. there are many people such that I would prefer they did not exist, but even the people I most despise, I am repulsed by the idea of being responsible for any human death. I wonder though what kind of changes in personal circumstances might result in a change in this world view. the idea of people killing each other scares the crap out of me. I don't even understand what kind of emotions can inspire someone to kill (note: I am not talking about temporary rage and loss of rational faculty, but rather of pre-meditated, rational decision to kill. also, I'm not talking about situations like "should i kill hitler to save the lives of 100 million other people?" or other such "harm 1 person vs. harm many people" situations). Then of course there is the question of wheter we should value human life at all. I have no rational justification that we should (or that we shouldn't). I don't want to die (no rational explanation for that either) and so I certainly want others see human life as inherently valuable, so that they do not kill me. I have been brought up to value human life, and do not want to kill anybody else. but it scares me that there are people for whom human life holds no inherent value. and it scares me that i might stop valuing human life. just some concerns of mine.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
another disclaimer: i do not believe that any of the "members" who "posts" at this "board" has now, ever has had, or ever shall have "designs" on the "life or welbeing" of any other "creature, human or other."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------
be happy!
-mac freak

Fredo
Senior User
Jan 6, 2001, 09:18 PM

...and so goes the continuing drama of "The Romance of Helen Trent."
Who are the Brain Police?

Cipher13
Jan 6, 2001, 09:27 PM

I would not kill a person for any amount of money.
However... in the case of a rapist or a murderer, I don't think it would bother me. Sure I'd rather not have it on my hands, but if it had to be, I think I could kill a rapist/murderer.
Simply because once you are one of them you may as well no longer be considered a welcome part of our human race. Therefore its no more than killing a soul less creature like a mosquito.
Who decides whether a mosquito is soul less?
Yourself.
You know what I mean.

NOTE: by "human race" I do not denote a race comprised of all creatures of the species 'homo sapien'. You know what I mean.

Cipher13

noliv
Senior User
Jan 7, 2001, 12:27 AM

Originally posted by Lunchbox:
Am I the only one who finds this hilarious?
No, you're not the only one
-noliv

Forum Links
Forum Rules